We want 3 Columns in Lumia 820

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
re: We want 3 Columns in Lumia 820 or we'll switch to Android/iOS!!!

You even realise how small the tiles will be if they did that??

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

cuwe

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site

We ? If there's millions of you . Then , Microsoft will consider . :)

tayfelix

May 4, 2012
Visit site

This is stupid. Try getting a picture of the 3 Columns and putting it full size on IE and see how small it can be. Use your brain please. Is your finger that small?

geoghotas

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site

Three coloums can be adjust in lumia 820 4.3" its can handle very easyly. because may be have not notices in L820 left side & the red side and also upper side are some space extra which can GDR3 ill fix and dont call stupid thing before speak...

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

I don't think its a bad suggestion but I think you'll certainly find its a niche suggestion. Fill out a suggestion at the link suggested above and see how much support you get. This isn't something I'd want on my own device, however.

tayfelix

May 4, 2012
Visit site

Three coloums can be adjust in lumia 820 4.3" its can handle very easyly. because may be have not notices in L820 left side & the red side and also upper side are some space extra which can GDR3 ill fix and dont call stupid thing before speak...

Sorry about that. But have it fill the whole screen is weird as it will be different from all other WP devices.
Sadly the space is still too small to fit 3 columns.

ygtgngr

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site

What they can do is they can add three column design but make the smallest tile size medium so that three medium tiles can fit on one row instead of six tiny ones.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Microsoft: "Oh no! Somebody is threatening to switch over this small feature! All hands on deck, blare the alarm! We need everyone working to get the 820 it's three column settings! Screw 8.1! We must fix this! Code Red!"

chill.

also, not trying to shoot you down, but a better thing would be to write it more professionally and change it to support sub 5" devices, not just the 820.

geoghotas

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site

Freind it can handle very easyly because there is extra space in L820 upper left & right

Pratham Sarwate

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site

We want 3 Colums in LUMIA 820 OTHER PROTEST WE ILL SWITCH TO ANDROID/ IOS!!!
Please switch to android/iOS. i don't wish to have anything in common with you! :p
on a serious note. it's not just about the size of the screen, also the resolution.
can you imagine what a mess it would be on a 480p screen? text won't even be distinct. there's still a chance that 720p handsets get it down the line. but trust me, if they give 3 columns on a 480p screen, that too one so small as in the 820, you'll curse it again.
to get an idea, download any lumia 1520 screen shot on your 820 and open it in the pictures hub, to fit the whole screen. you'll know what i'm saying.

Zulfigar

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site

*Morgan Freeman's voice*
Let me get this straight; Windows Phone is the only OS with Live Titles, and if you don't get your way, you're going to switch to another OS (which in the iPhone's case, is even more lacking), unless you get more Live Titles? Good luck.

In reality though, it would be nice to have the option, as it was in the OS before and the testers apparently loved it (was in an article a couple months ago), so there might be a good chance it'll be back, maybe in 8.1, but that's still quite a ways away.

jojoe42

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site

We want 3 Colums in LUMIA 820 OTHER PROTEST WE ILL SWITCH TO ANDROID/ IOS!!!

Switch to iOS and you get the same boring 4-by-5 set of icons
Switch to Android and you get widgets and icons that can be inefficient and drain the heck outta your battery/lag up your phone

Besides, Microsoft wouldn't push a feature out unless it made things easier or more efficient to use - to be honest, three columns across on my 1020 would be nice, but you would have to have child-sized fingers to hit tiles accurately - and as much as more tiles at once would be nice admittedly all that stuff does look a bit cramped on a 4.5" display......

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte