For those who haven't jumped yet, Wednesday Dec 18 is a big day! UPDATED!!

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Re: For those who haven't jumped yet, Wednesday Dec 18 is a big day!

Yeah, Amazon rocks the deals if you are switching carriers. But it is still $200.00 on contract for us old AT&T customers.

That $99.00 on contract price must have been a really quick introduction price. That could mean several things. The phone was a bigger hit then they thought and doesn't need the discount, they are so low on product they needed to kill the discount to catch up on production, holiday sales were good and they want to capitalize on them, or maybe someone felt it was killing the L1020 sales.

I've got nothing on that. Just seems strange the phone was out less then a month and it was jacked up in price.

Citizen X

May 11, 2013
Visit site

That $99.00 on contract price must have been a really quick introduction price.

That deal was around for weeks. So long in fact I returned some phones my parents bought and had plenty of time to order the Nokia 1520 online. There was also the $100 smartphone trade in deal that went on for at least three weeks. Some guy here actually finagled the deal and got the $99 offer and the $100 off offer... and the 2520 for $200. So he paid $200 and walked away with a 1520 and a 2520... and has a free keyboard case in the mail. What more can at&t do? You see a deal like that you don't hesitate. You pull the trigger.

Mr Lebowski

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site

Yeah, Amazon rocks the deals if you are switching carriers. But it is still $200.00 on contract for us old AT&T customers.

That $99.00 on contract price must have been a really quick introduction price. That could mean several things. The phone was a bigger hit then they thought and doesn't need the discount, they are so low on product they needed to kill the discount to catch up on production, holiday sales were good and they want to capitalize on them, or maybe someone felt it was killing the L1020 sales.

I've got nothing on that. Just seems strange the phone was out less then a month and it was jacked up in price.
Not $99. that's for sure but when I click:
I have a AT&T account and want to upgrade my current device to this one it's = $159.99.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site

That deal was around for weeks. So long in fact I returned some phones my parents bought and had plenty of time to order the Nokia 1520 online. There was also the $100 smartphone trade in deal that went on for at least three weeks. Some guy here actually finagled the deal and got the $99 offer and the $100 off offer... and the 2520 for $200. So he paid $200 and walked away with a 1520 and a 2520... and has a free keyboard case in the mail. What more can at&t do? You see a deal like that you don't hesitate. You pull the trigger.

It was released 15 November..... It is 17 December, and the 99.00 contract price is ... like... toast. Less then 3 weeks. How many people waiting on contracts came up in that three week window? How many people needed to see and try out the phone to see if the size was good for them had a chance in that three week window?

What more could AT&T do? Maybe give it three weeks and a day? :unhappy:

I do agree- you see a deal, grab it. That is why I posted this thread. Hoping someone like me who needed some time to try it out or just came due on contract have some prep time.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site

Not $99. that's for sure but when I click:
I have a AT&T account and want to upgrade my current device to this one it's = $159.99.

Yep, you are correct. 100%. Better deal on Amazon then anywhere else.

That is twice I have been slammed in my own thread. I need to do more home work. WPC is a tough crowd!!

:excited:

Mr Lebowski

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site

Yep, you are correct. 100%. Better deal on Amazon then anywhere else.

That is twice I have been slammed in my own thread. I need to do more home work. WPC is a tough crowd!!

:excited:

Not slammed just an FYI so you can be (sort of) happy. It's $60. more than that $99. loss leader ( look it up if you've never heard that term)
and $40 less than $199.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site

Okay... update.....

The online deal is for the AT&T locked, no contract price. It is &100.00 off, with the $50.00 app card. That makes the L1520 $449.00 total.

The on contract price of $99.00 +$50.00 app card is in store only.

I am over 75 miles from my closest store.

I am depressed......

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site

"was" Indicating past tense.

Understood. You were correct, of course. My only point was that I cannot remember an "introductory" price lasting so short of a time on a phone. Seems like a wierd decision.

Old_Cus

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site

Okay... update.....

The online deal is for the AT&T locked, no contract price. It is &100.00 off, with the $50.00 app card. That makes the L1520 $449.00 total.

The on contract price of $99.00 +$50.00 app card is in store only.

I am over 75 miles from my closest store.

I am depressed......

Bummer. Keep an eye open, I'm sure the price will drop again.

Dusteater

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
Understood. You were correct, of course. My only point was that I cannot remember an "introductory" price lasting so short of a time on a phone. Seems like a wierd decision.

I can tell you right now the reason they are not offering it online is because they have no ability to ship this device. I ordered two 19 days ago from the MS Store and was told most recently they don't have any more. They have no estimated time of when they will ship these phones again. But I am guessing next year.

Mr Lebowski

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site

Re: Loss leader, they got traffic and deemed it a success so end loss leader sale.

Citizen X

May 11, 2013
Visit site

I don't know if they did anything specifically for the Lumia 1520 but I do know they knocked 50% off many cell phones for a few weeks. Notably the Galaxy Note III was excluded. I can't imagine paying $299 for a Note III vs $99 for a Lumia 1520.

There was also the $100 smartphone trade in offer that was going on in stores. They also did the $100 trade in offer back in May I believe.

jaimeastin

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Just bought it today! $450 for the phone and a a $50 app card was a great deal. I just could not resist!

congrats... I ultimately decided against purchasing the phone... Believe I was interested as previous posts stated... I may try to buy a 1020 to update my 920, but ultimately I will wait for a real windows 8.1 device.

I am most certain you will enjoy this phone.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I can tell you right now the reason they are not offering it online is because they have no ability to ship this device. I ordered two 19 days ago from the MS Store and was told most recently they don't have any more. They have no estimated time of when they will ship these phones again. But I am guessing next year.

Wow.

That is sobering. I am actually a little excited to get one now that my mind is made up, but can't bring myself to drop the 200.00 on it. If it really will be the 1st or so before the price takes a little nosedive, I am using my cracked-screen L900 for about 3-4 more weeks. That might be annoying.

Funny thing is if my Wife ends up deciding on the Note 3 (She actually want s to see that LG Flex with it's curved 6" screen in action before deciding), I will plop $250.00-$300.00 down without thinking twice. I am about to drop $100.00-$150.00 for my daughter on the L1020 without thinking twice.

It is only me I can't bring myself to spend money on. I am kinda strange that way.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Just bought it today! $450 for the phone and a a $50 app card was a great deal. I just could not resist!

Happy for ya, big dawg!!

Honestly, it was a great deal. One more poster to remind me this bad boy rocks and I should just go get it....

Hope you enjoy it!! (White one?)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05