For those who haven't jumped yet, Wednesday Dec 18 is a big day! UPDATED!!

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Okay, I have been kicking the tires on the L1520 since it has come out. I have played with it inside a dozen different times, read countless reviews, and asked tons of question on here and other forums. The 6" screen size, of course, is the ONLY reason I hesitate. I LOVE everything else about this monster. But as I play around with my Wife's 5.0" Note one, I just feel that is my upper limit.

However, I just figured at 100.00 bucks on contract, this was a steal. A high definition, quad core gem that is 90% what I have been waiting on. Not only do I know it will handle the WP 8.1 update easily next year, I am fine with the graphic processor handling any top end games and video upgrades as they come out. And it is here NOW. I have been on WP7 for a lot longer then I ever though I would be. I was finally ready to jump.

Then.... IT happened. AT&T online.... $200.00 on contract. Amazon online... 200.00 on contract. Best Buy?? Microsoft Stores? All the same. Suddenly, the tipping point was gone. The $99.00 dollar on contract price was nowhere to be found. I now was leaning to the L920- basically free on contract, 32 G's of memory, and still a great WP. But, it was only 75% of what I want, and I was back to being bummed.

Then, cruising "Pocketnow", I found where they had gotten a hold of the actual details on the each of the "12 days of deals" they do online and in stores:

Microsoft announces 12 Days of Deals, as list of upcoming offers leaks | Pocketnow

And... lo and behold- December 18, this Wednesday, the L1520 is Free on contract with a 50.00 app card for the first 20 people (not likely), and $99.00 dollars on contract with the same 50.00 app card all day while supplies last.

THIS "ON CONTRACT PRICE" IS AN IN STORE PROMOTION ONLY. ONLINE OFFER IS $100.00 LESS ON AN OFF CONTRACT PHONE- $449.00, AND A $50.00 APP CARD.

If you are like me and have been deciding on this gem, then I suggest jumping on this bad boy then. I see no downside here. I got a 25.00 app card with the purchase of my Samsung Focus S way back in the day, and it went a long, long way. (Also got my "S" for a penny. Ahh... memories) $50.00 would be a years worth of purchases.

Just throwing it out there.

Edited due to not looking at a calander or my post correcterly, as I had the 12th originally. My bad.

Last edited:

HM02

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
Re: For those who haven't jumped yet, Wednesday Dec 12 is a big day!

wat..
you just posted this. Today. Sunday, Dec 15.
This past Wednesday wasn't even the 12th. IDGI

nthknd

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site

Maybe the moral of the story is when you see a good deal get your **** of the fence.

Sent from my C6802 using Tapatalk

sbps1

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site

I think you mean the 18th right? I saw on the ms store that this deal was on the 18th.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Re: For those who haven't jumped yet, Wednesday Dec 18 is a big day!

Sigh.....

Yep, I fixed it. Oops.

Numbers are not my friends. Thanks, gang.

jaimeastin

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site

I think I may get in line for this phone... I will just add another line. My 920 is still solid... The 1520 should have wireless charging and at least 32GB storage... It is future proof though... Well, maybe I will just keep my 920 until a real 8.1 phone arrives.

Old_Cus

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site

Snowmutt I was at my local Microsoft store on the first day of the promotion and picked up a Dell Venue 8 pro for $99. In order to get it I was at the mall at 6:45am and was number 15th. The store opened at 10am. I'm looking at the promotion page they gave me and the free 1520 is the 10th day of the promotion which is Wed Dec 18th.

Now with that said, if there is a Microsoft store in your area I think it would be well worth your wild to try to get it but know that since these promotions are for the first 20 you will need to get there early. Even if you don't make the first 20 you still can get it for $99 and a $50 app card. Your only issue might be color.

You and I have pretty much traveled the same path here on WPC. Trust me, you want this phone my friend.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site

I am with ya, Old_Cus. It is a comfortable phone despite it's size.

Kind of hard to find a reason to walk away from it when so many on this just love the dog snot out of the phone.

Jf.Vigor

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site

I'll be there. I imagine black is the most populous color, which is what I want. Hope I'm lucky wednesday!
Already have my SD card ready and know exactly which apps I'll buy with the $70 in APP credit (battlefield premium for my xbox one, gta san andreas, and full version of simple calendar.... halo should be free). Shoot, I already bought the screen protector and have a leather wallet case in my amazon.com cart haha

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site

To all: The MS store online honors these deals. I just bought XBOX Music pass for the year for $50.00. As it is usually $10.00 a month, that is a $70.00 savings on the year (higher math).

So, you can grab the 1520 from the comfort of your own home. Right now, they have all 4 colors online. What colors they will have on Wednesday I do not know.

Whatsup67

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site

You guys in the states are so lucky we down here in Australia are not so fortunate with all the special deals you guys get.wish it was the same here and it's so expensive

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site

You guys in the states are so lucky we down here in Australia are not so fortunate with all the special deals you guys get.wish it was the same here and it's so expensive

I am sorry, buddy. It bums me out that vendors and carriers do not work as hard in other countries/markets.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site

I think I may get in line for this phone... I will just add another line. My 920 is still solid... The 1520 should have wireless charging and at least 32GB storage... It is future proof though... Well, maybe I will just keep my 920 until a real 8.1 phone arrives.

That is pretty much where I am. Shouldn't be more than a few more weeks before we begin to hear rumblings about a Microsoft branded Surface Phone.

Dusteater

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site

To all: The MS store online honors these deals. I just bought XBOX Music pass for the year for $50.00. As it is usually $10.00 a month, that is a $70.00 savings on the year (higher math).

So, you can grab the 1520 from the comfort of your own home. Right now, they have all 4 colors online. What colors they will have on Wednesday I do not know.

Be careful, I ordered two from the MS Store 16 days ago and they still haven't shipped. There are massive issues with their phone fulfillment right now. Do not expect any phone orders to ship in a timely manner until a later date.

sbps1

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site

I'll be there. I imagine black is the most populous color, which is what I want. Hope I'm lucky wednesday!
Already have my SD card ready and know exactly which apps I'll buy with the $70 in APP credit (battlefield premium for my xbox one, gta san andreas, and full version of simple calendar.... halo should be free). Shoot, I already bought the screen protector and have a leather wallet case in my amazon.com cart haha

According to my recent poll yellow seems to be the most populous and black the least! Who would have thought?

Sent from my HTC One using WPCentral Forums mobile app

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site

Be careful, I ordered two from the MS Store 16 days ago and they still haven't shipped. There are massive issues with their phone fulfillment right now. Do not expect any phone orders to ship in a timely manner until a later date.

Huh. A Microsoft run experince is slow?? Who would have thought such foolishness!! :wink:

Thanks for the heads up. I am blessed with patience. Now that I know, I will steel myself for a mid-January delivery date, that way I won't be disappointed.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site

According to my recent poll yellow seems to be the most populous and black the least! Who would have thought?

Sent from my HTC One using WPCentral Forums mobile app

Just double checked, and I am still shocked Red only got 8 votes. I am most likely going to get the white, but saw that red in an AT&T store in Champaign and I loved it. I get the smooth finish is a turn off, but the color is amazing. I can see me hovering that curser between "white....red....white...red...." when I do this thing on Wednesday.

For anyone who is interested, the thread is a fun read: http://forums.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-1520/253392-what-color-should-i-pick.html

What color did you settle on, sbps1? Did you stick with white?

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site

That is pretty much where I am. Shouldn't be more than a few more weeks before we begin to hear rumblings about a Microsoft branded Surface Phone.

I still would be amazed and stunned if the Surface phone rears it's head. MS is buying Nokia, for gosh darn sake. They will have millions of "surface" phones coming off the assembly line, they will just look a lot like Lumia's .....

:grin:

Dusteater

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site

Just double checked, and I am still shocked Red only got 8 votes. I am most likely going to get the white, but saw that red in an AT&T store in Champaign and I loved it. I get the smooth finish is a turn off, but the color is amazing. I can see me hovering that curser between "white....red....white...red...." when I do this thing on Wednesday.

I would have got red if it wasn't glossy. But yellow was the only choice in a color that was a matte finish. Still wish they had cyan though, would have been my top choice.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte