Why does my Nokia Lumia 520 restart itself, or power off?

Jan Dacion

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
Battery is not flat, yet in good condition but smartphone still restarts itself or shuts down when you shake the phone, and the battery itself becomes unavailable while charging the phone and doesn't actually charge sometimes.

sameermehta2

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
Hi Jan just a quick question how did you find that the battery is in good condition because as you say that it is not flat something seems to be wrong with the internals of the battery,just try change the battery and check post as suggested by Laura if it doesn't work

Jan Dacion

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
The battery door is in securely, yet it still happens whenever it detects sudden movements. I think I have a faulty sensor somewhere inside this particular handset.

azteca911

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
My wife's 520 was doing this 5-10 times a day. I pulled the battery and looked at the contacts on it. The contacts were too far apart to make a secure contact with the contact bars on the phone when inserted. I took a needle and bent the contacts on the battery out to narrow the space where the phone's bars would make contact. It cured the problem. The contacts look something like this with the curved being on the battery and the bars on the phone. )II( )II( )II( Bend the curves from this ) ( to this )( .

Saksham Sharma

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
Actually, what aztecta says might be true in your case, but just to add, curved batteries imply bad batteries. If you can place the battery on a tabletop and spin it like a top, then man, you're in for a change ! I cant be certain, but i used to hear till a few years ago that curved batteries have a risk of exploding. I myself had a nokia 2700 classic whose battery became swollen/curved after 2 years, and i bought a new one immediately after noticing it.
*i cant be certain, it might be a myth too*

AA Gaming

May 18, 2014
Visit site
This has also happened to mine, exactly as you described it. To be honest i gave up with the phone and have just done without. Sending it of to be repaired soon.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium