The fastest smartphone in the world?

jaj324

Banned
May 12, 2012
Visit site
I have it, I also have the LG G2 with the same processor. The LG is faster than the Nokia. The G2 is also faster than the Note 3. I had that for a week b4 the LG. I can't say if the G2 is faster than the Sony but its the fastest device I've ever owned.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

jaj324

Banned
May 12, 2012
Visit site
Software. My G2 is rooted and all bloatware is removed. The things I don't use are disabled and animations are turned off. It's set up for speed. WP is pretty animated with no way to turn it off.

Mark Reed2

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
There is faster out there, but I feel the only apps I care about opening fast is camera/music/phone/message/internet-email....all those others I dont mind a little wait, I mean there is normally like 1 or 2 seconds different between most high end phones.

What I care more about is that when open, the app works 100% and does its job well, that is more important.

5150 Joker

Dec 4, 2013
Visit site
Those, who have the phone, do you dare to call it the fastest smartphone in the world?

I would say it ranks up there with the likes of iPhone 5S. As far as smoothness goes, its probably the best out there. I've used iPhone 5, LG G2, Galaxy Note 3 etc and this one is definitely the best phone out of them all. The overall presentation of WP 8 blows away Android and iOS. I'm really liking the live tiles and the layout in general, especially using Group Tiles app.

5150 Joker

Dec 4, 2013
Visit site
I think we should have benchmark test of all Snapdragon 800 devices along with 1520 to prove it

Raw benchmarks don't tell the whole story. User experience is a large part of the perceived speed. For example. Galaxy Note 3 may do extremely well in a benchmark but during use there are noticeable stutters. Additionally, many of these vendors (especially Samsung) cheat in benchmarks by raising the throttle threshold. Check out Anandtech, they did an article on it and list which vendors cheat and for which benchmarks.

techiez

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Raw benchmarks don't tell the whole story. User experience is a large part of the perceived speed. For example. Galaxy Note 3 may do extremely well in a benchmark but during use there are noticeable stutters. Additionally, many of these vendors (especially Samsung) cheat in benchmarks by raising the throttle threshold. Check out Anandtech, they did an article on it and list which vendors cheat and for which benchmarks.

Major benchmarking service delists Samsung and HTC phones it suspects of cheating

Jcowley

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
Yup it's the Samsung way..cheat, cheat and cheat some more. Whenever I used a Note or S4, it felt a lot slower than what the benchmarks showed. After having learned that Samsung was cheating in a lot of benchmarks, it made sense.

Not sure how much of that Anand article you read, but the average gain was only something like 4% so that's impressive if you can tell the difference.

5150 Joker

Dec 4, 2013
Visit site
Not sure how much of that Anand article you read, but the average gain was only something like 4% so that's impressive if you can tell the difference.

ArsTechnica was the first to discuss this actually (even though I mentioned AT) and take a look at some of their benchmarks: Note 3?€™s benchmarking ?€œadjustments?€? inflate scores by up to 20% | Ars Technica

The difference is remarkable. In Geekbench's multicore test, the Note 3's benchmark mode gives the device a 20 percent boost over its "natural" score. With the benchmark boosting logic stripped away, the Note 3 drops down to LG G2 levels, which is where we initially expected the score to be, given the identical SoCs. This big of a boost means that the Note 3 is not just messing with the CPU idle levels; significantly more oomph is unlocked when the device runs a benchmark.

Apple is one of the few companies that doesn't cheat in benchmarks and still comes out on top.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Apple is one of the few companies that doesn't cheat in benchmarks and still comes out on top.

it's pretty much assumed their chips aren't top-of-the-line

anyways, i put forward my Treo 650! With a blazing 312 MHz Intel XScale PXA270, Palm OS practically flies on that baby! Transition/animations? what are those? Switching from calendar to memos at the speed of fast!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos