Absolutely no sound

Ruckus369

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
I got my Lumia 920 two days back. From the start there did not seem to be any sound input. I thought it was something in the settings.

I long pressed the windows (middle) button and the voice command interface opened along with a crackling noise from the speaker. Then the was just airy noise like mic feedback near a fast fan.

After this sounds stopped again. That includes no calls, music, videos, etc.

After a few restarts the music player worked that night (even the FM radio). Halfway into the second song it stopped playing. It says "Sorry. We can't plat this file on your phone. Error code: 80070490" NokiaMix says "Sorry! There's been a problem with your phone's media player"

I've seen many posts here saying theres no sound during calls, except on speaker. I can't use the loudspeaker. The option doesn't respond to touch. Same thing when I try playing the inbuilt ringtones.

There's no sound from the headphones either.

To sum it up, no sound from any app (or keystrokes) on neither speakers nor headphones.

Did all possible updates. Tried resetting the phone. Any other suggestions?

Ruckus369

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
Finally after a month, the phone has been replaced by Nokia. The old one couldn't be repaired. So in case anyone ever has this problem, please get your phone replaced.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon