Just turned my girl in to a WP user!! Need advice on accessories plz!

Phrozty

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
She'll probably need a screen protector because she'll have it in a pocket w/coins and such, and I'm wondering what else you 920 users find very useful that I should get her (since xmas is right around the corner :)).

Also, any tips?

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
a colored cover (the Nokia ones) for when she wants to change some things up (e.g. I have a yellow one for when my cyan 920 feels like donning protection or being more vibrant for a bit

dznk

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
I'd agree with xandros, those official Nokia covers are very nice. You can read about them on this article on WPCentral. Amazon in the US seem to stock the range of colours. They're not too bulky like most other covers and with one or two of these, she can then easily swap between colours.

DBZo07

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
That's great to have your partner to windows phone..
Make your room in people hub. Its great fun.
Chat, location, photos, notes, calendar... Everything at once..

Sent via tapatalk

sym1a1a

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
I would get her at least one or two wireless charging plates, these are priceless if you own a 920 ( had one before i bought the 1020 ) also as a gift i would go and get her a 20-25 dollar prepaid gift card so she can buy herself some apps/games or music without having to spend "her" money for them, also consider getting her a nice pair of head phones so she can take advantage of the free Nokia Music or whatever music services she prefers

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
If she enjoys bright colors, I would recommend you get her a feather case from Incipio in either neon pink or neon blue. I have both but personally prefer the blue one.

Phrozty

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
Definitely going to have to get her a case.. she wanted a green one and was a little disappointed there was no green option. Made a joke about some other phone line that did offer a green case ;P. This is her first smartphone, so there are a lot of things to breach.

Kinda surprised they don't have a CC-1043 in green, though it does look like there are some green case options out there. Also kind of stinks that incipio doesn't make one that's green... oh well, I'll find something.

So how about screen protectors? Looks like there are a wide variety out there.. wondering what works the best in practice...

James8561

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
most dry-applied screen protectors work terribly as the 920's screen is curved.
I'd recommend going with glass-only (best) or with wet-applied ones.

angusdegraosta

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
Gorilla glass really doesn't need a screen protector at all. I haven't scratched mine yet. What I have is a thin Nokia-branded soft case, which is barely noticeable but gives the phone good grip. Have fun! The 920 is the best - great storage space at 32GB and one of the sturdiest smart phone builds I've seen.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Gorilla glass really doesn't need a screen protector at all. I haven't scratched mine yet. What I have is a thin Nokia-branded soft case, which is barely noticeable but gives the phone good grip. Have fun! The 920 is the best - great storage space at 32GB and one of the sturdiest smart phone builds I've seen.

not usually, but a friend in one of my classes went butterfingers and dropped my 920 onto the dirty floor. +3 large scratches! Isn't too much of a problem (I'd dont usually look at my back button that much nor the edge)
but its still a good precaution if your SO has some slippery hands, but otherwise, you may be able to get away without kinda like me

Nokia Boy

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
maybe one of those nokia's universal portable charger,running out of battery in middle of nowhere is bad feel,also if she likes music,nokia store have some cool fancy headphones too...

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Are you sure that she'll be putting it in her pocket as opposed to a purse?

As for accessories, think outside the box a little bit.

If you're getting her a green case, think about other things that may match that aren't necessarily phone accessories.
green-lucite-gf-bracelet-2.jpg

Phrozty

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
LOOL... my girl doesn't exactly carry around a purse...

She does drop things from time to time, but I guess we'll see. I know the 920 has a fantastic build quality, and maybe having something a little nicer in her pocket will make her want to put her change in a different pocket. I know I've moved things around since I started carrying my 1520.

As for other ideas, we have a good chunk of chargers laying around except for car ones... which I think we're going to get for each other. The battery mat idea is sounding like a pretty decent idea though. I'll have to look into that. I've heard the Duracell one mentioned before... are there any others out there that are a good deal (efficient and cheap)? With the 920 being such a great model and being out for a year, I would think there's kind of a "must have" list of tried and true stuff to go along with it.

radmanvr

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
I suggest getting an Invisible shield ZAGG | #1 In Mobile Accessories

I also suggest getting a Body Glove mobile phone cases. There is another one that is equally as strong if not stronger but I cannot think of the name. I know they make bicycle helmets.

Nothing protects like these 2 items. Anything else that just looks good but doesn't protect does not deserve your money. You want something that will dissipate the force when the phone is dropped. Body Glove will protect the hardware as well as the glass display from cracking when dropped from a 2nd story building.

Keeping your phone in mint condition so that after your contract you can get a new phone and sell the old phone for money.

I sold an HTC Mytouch4g for $85 and I bought it for $50 with contract because I kept it in mint condition.

As far as other accessories go. I do not not know. I do not use blue tooth or anything like that.

sym1a1a

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
LOOL... my girl doesn't exactly carry around a purse...

She does drop things from time to time, but I guess we'll see. I know the 920 has a fantastic build quality, and maybe having something a little nicer in her pocket will make her want to put her change in a different pocket. I know I've moved things around since I started carrying my 1520.

As for other ideas, we have a good chunk of chargers laying around except for car ones... which I think we're going to get for each other. The battery mat idea is sounding like a pretty decent idea though. I'll have to look into that. I've heard the Duracell one mentioned before... are there any others out there that are a good deal (efficient and cheap)? With the 920 being such a great model and being out for a year, I would think there's kind of a "must have" list of tried and true stuff to go along with it.

be sure to research this device, I'm not positive but my understanding is that the Duracell power mat was not QI compatible

o0Nighthawk0o

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Luckily, I never had to convince my wife to go WP as that is all she has had since entering the smartphone arena. My kids were another story but they did eventually see the light.

My wife's favorite accessory is the wireless charging stand. Also do a search for wholesale cell phone accessories. Not sure if I can link the site but you should be able to find it. They have accessories for really cheap. I bought two rugged cases, two 'blingy' cases and two, kinda green, glow in the dark skins, a car mount and two desk stands for about $30. They are made by Empire and are good quality. I use the rugged case and it works really well and even has a pop out kick stand.

My wife, my daughter and I have the L920 and this is the first phone I have not used a screen protector on and none of them have any scratches on them. That is saying a lot when talking about a teenaged girl's phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss