Automatic application update not happening from Windows Store in my Lumia 720

Aaditya Raj1

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
I need to manually update the applications from the Store. Automatic update is not working since GDR2 update. Anyone knows about this problem??

Aaditya Raj1

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
I am not telling that it will automatically get downloaded..the notification for the new updates should be shown in Store.it is not showing...once i go to the application which has the update available...then i come to know about the same..

Last edited:

Gaurav Paul

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
Follow these steps:
1) Un-pin store tile
2) Clear IE Cache
3) Do a soft reset
4) Re-pin tile.

Store checks for updates once every 24 hours. Rest assured, this will work. Your store will start notifying updates when available.

Gaurav Paul

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
Follow these steps:
1) Un-pin store tile
2) Clear IE Cache
3) Do a soft reset
4) Re-pin tile.

Store checks for updates once every 24 hours. Rest assured, this will work. Your store will start notifying updates when available.

I'm surprised that the above steps didn't work for you. Its bound to work. It worked for me and for all the people I suggested. You could give it another try.

benedict

Sep 12, 2013
Visit site
Hi All,

Follow the below steps to get updates working, I tried and tested this after numerous resets, but you won't need to reset,
1. disable auto time update on the phone,
2. set date to 2011.08.01
3. restart phone and set date back to auto, updates will show up on the store tile after this, they show up instantly if you set this quickly after rebooting, or wait about 5 to 10 mins,
I saw this on some forum when my updates when not showing, thanks to the OP who posted this, it works.

benedict

Sep 12, 2013
Visit site
Your phone needs to have a 3g connection, if the connection is weak it won't check for updates from the store, connect to a WiFi and follow the instructions I posted

SnailUK

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
From personal experience, id say the check only occurs once a day, and if there is no data connection at that point, the phone wont try again until the next day.

You need to find the time of day that check occurs and make sure you have a signal at that time

Sent from my RM-821_eu_euro1_342 using Tapatalk

benedict

Sep 12, 2013
Visit site
That is true snailuk, the procedure I posted forces the phone to check for updates, hence why I recommended that the phone must be connected to the WiFi.

Checki

Banned
Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
First: OF COURSE it has to be one 3G / WiFi .... !

Well, the two suggested solutions work sometimes, sometimes they dont. But in every case, YOU HAVE TO WAIT AT LEAST 24 HOURS, somtimes 48 !!!

If nothing happens after 1-3 days AND you tried all the solutions you can find in this forums, the only thing is to do a hard reset.

I was one of them, nothing worked, NOTHING. i tried for weeks and was patient. So i figured out:

- FIRST Delete your phone from windowsphone.com
- AFTER that, do the hard reset.

Done :)

Deleting from windowsphone.com is the important action!!!

But anyway:

*** Which ever solution works for you, try it at a time your phone is normally TURNED ON, with active Internet connection (so lets say midday?...).***

Because if you reset your phone e.g. at 3pm, it will (or should) check exactly after 24 hours....so 3pm.

sharmakartik93

Mar 23, 2014
Visit site
i did a hard reset to my lumia 720 after that im not getting automatic notification for updates of apps also for extras+info which is used for glance screen and stop vibration of keys as i could not manually download extras updates

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12