WiFi troubles

badhus

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone!

Joined the forum since i have a problem, and i can't find a thread with where anyone has the same problem.

My Wifi will allways within 30m of use stop working. Turning off the wifi at this point is not possible since the switch turns grey. I restart the phone, try to turn on wifi again but the switch just turns grey. Sometimes it gets stuck searching for available networks. Ususally it doesn't even get there before turning grey. I have noticed that when this happens, bluetooth does the same, it gets stuck in off mode. I have to restart the phone about 5-10 times before wifi and bluetooth start working, for a max of 30 minutes before failing again.

I have tried the soft reset. Doesn't make a difference..

Any ideas how to solve this. Will a hard reset do it???

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Sorry to hear about your problem. Have you installed any of the connectivity tiles? Just out of curiosity as I noticed mine is a bit slow connecting using the one I have, especially after a restart.

If not I would suggest a hard reset. If that doesn't work take it back and get a replacement.

sym1a1a

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Hi everyone!

Joined the forum since i have a problem, and i can't find a thread with where anyone has the same problem.

My Wifi will allways within 30m of use stop working. Turning off the wifi at this point is not possible since the switch turns grey. I restart the phone, try to turn on wifi again but the switch just turns grey. Sometimes it gets stuck searching for available networks. Ususally it doesn't even get there before turning grey. I have noticed that when this happens, bluetooth does the same, it gets stuck in off mode. I have to restart the phone about 5-10 times before wifi and bluetooth start working, for a max of 30 minutes before failing again.

I have tried the soft reset. Doesn't make a difference..

Any ideas how to solve this. Will a hard reset do it???

you could try a hard reset, make sure your phone has a recent backup on it and remember you will lose game save data on a hard reset, however, this sounds more like a hardware issue, also just for kicks, you might try setting the WIFI to always on under advanced settings in your WIFI settings once you do get it to connect and see if it will remain on that way, but personally i believe you most likely will need to send it in for repair, good luck

badhus

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
Sorry to hear about your problem. Have you installed any of the connectivity tiles? Just out of curiosity as I noticed mine is a bit slow connecting using the one I have, especially after a restart.

If not I would suggest a hard reset. If that doesn't work take it back and get a replacement.

I am using some connectivity tiles, I think. Are you referring to the apps that create "shortcuts" that go straight into the the wifi settings from the live tile?

you could try a hard reset, make sure your phone has a recent backup on it and remember you will lose game save data on a hard reset, however, this sounds more like a hardware issue, also just for kicks, you might try setting the WIFI to always on under advanced settings in your WIFI settings once you do get it to connect and see if it will remain on that way, but personally i believe you most likely will need to send it in for repair, good luck

I just bought the phone a week back. So there is no recent backup, unless one is created automatically when OS is installed. If I would create one now, wouldn't my problem just follow with the backup and reappear once backup is used.?? Is the backup necessary for hard reset? I don't care about anything but my photos, and I have them stored on my pc.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Yes I'm referring to the apps that add shortcuts. Try uninstalling the app and going through settings and see if it's better.

For backups, the OS isn't backed up only your 'stuff'. Apps have to be reinstalled, but you have a history available. I'd recommended the desktop app and backup your photos to your PC.

sym1a1a

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
I am using some connectivity tiles, I think. Are you referring to the apps that create "shortcuts" that go straight into the the wifi settings from the live tile?

I just bought the phone a week back. So there is no recent backup, unless one is created automatically when OS is installed. If I would create one now, wouldn't my problem just follow with the backup and reappear once backup is used.?? Is the backup necessary for hard reset? I don't care about anything but my photos, and I have them stored on my pc.

the phone does automatically back up every day or so, its not pics so much that are the issue, but if you want to save your text message history and also after reset the phone will automatically start re downloading all of the apps and games that you have downloaded so you dont have to go back and manually reinstall them, to answer if the problem would follow from backup, no it would not unless its a hardware issue, a hard reset wipes the phone and reinstalls a fresh copy of the OS and all updates, then reinstalls your backup of USER data, (apps, games, text history ect.) if after a hard reset problem still exists, then its a hardware issue, have it replaced under warrenty

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon