unused tile's row on lumia 1020

Zigi10

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
Do you guys also have this unused first row?
The left screenshot its the default "start" screen, and on the right one, I just scrolled it a bit up, if you notice, there is a bit more space to scroll it but I didn't cos the clock.
Any chance to fix it somehow? You also experience it? Such a black row on the top of this huge screen make it feel smaller and stupid.

Thanks!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-12-18 at 12.36.43 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-12-18 at 12.36.43 AM.png
    269 KB · Views: 3

Zigi10

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
Im pretty sure that 50% of our usage with the phone, we don't see toast notifications, so when the notification needed to be shown, either you let it be on the tiles so can manually scroll the tiles a bit down if you need it, or you just take the start screen a bit down automatically during call.. and its not "bit", it can be filled with almost a row of tiles.

travis_valkyrie

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Because if you put an extra row of tiles there while a toast is active, it will block the tiles behind it, and you simply can't just scroll it down because it will bounce back up!!! If they were to recode that to adjust the position of the tiles to make the top row accessible when a toast comes in, then it will allocate a blank space for the toast notification, bringing down the layout of the tiles (which is what we already have now). And when the toast disappear, you expect for the start screen to go back up, which is inconsistent to look at because this makes the start screen adjusts every time a toast comes in.

And fyi toasts come through even from sleep, so you can't just rely on live tiles.

Bejesus Christ why do I even bother.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leviwilkersion