Is My Phone Bricked?

eldreams

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Today I was on my way home listening to music via BT connection in my car.
While I was driving, the music stopped and I noticed my phone restart and I saw the windows logo....I paid no attention as to what it did next.
I know my phone was 100% charged, because I checked before leaving.

After I got home, I tried turning on the phone and it kept going to the NOKIA start up screen.
After a few on/off attempts I decided to soft-reset (Volume down+Power button).
After that I started getting a BSOD, literally a pure blue screen upon start up after the NOKIA start up screen.
I was unable to get passed the blue screen.
I tried soft resetting again- no success.
After, I decided to try to hard-reset. Now after the NOKIA start up screen its booting to a boot manager instead of the grinding gears.

The boot screen says:
Windows Boot Manager
Windows failed to start. A recent hardware of software change might be the cause. To fix the problem:
1. Insert your windows installation disc and restart your computer.
2. Choose your language settings, and then click "Next."
3. Click "Repair your computer."

If you do not have this disc, contact your system administrator or computer manufacturer for assistance.
Info: A required device isn't connected or can't be accessed.
WINDOWS KEY = RECOVERY

So I tried grabbing my installation disc and jamming it in my sim card slot, but it didn't work! No Joking aside, it shows this boot manager screen for a minute and shuts off.
I tried to do the hard reset again, but this time held the up button and it gave me the lightning bolt and gear.....didn't know what to do so I soft reset, and I'm back to the boot manager screen.

Anybody have any ideas?

Thank you!

raccoon210

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
Yeah there have been a couple of reports of this happening. Yes if I remember right from the other stories then yeah it is hard reset and you'll need to flash it or have it replaced

horseybob

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
I had the lightning bolt and gears. Hard reset kept me going long enough to get back to US to get a new replacement from Verizon. Nokia repair would've taken ~2 weeks. Pass.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs