Lumia 1020 post Black update

niel27

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for your answer. Its not AT&T. I am asking about the previous update. I am on 3049. Is this normal? Shouldnt it be on 3050 in order for the black update to be applied? I have read that the 3050 firmware was updated since september.

I am sorry, I did not read your question properly. Anyone who hasn't received Black update can answer your question, I guess.

arni99

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for your answer. Its not AT&T. I am asking about the previous update. I am on 3049. Is this normal? Shouldnt it be on 3050 in order for the black update to be applied? I have read that the 3050 firmware was updated since september.
3049 is the latest for your Prouct Code on Navifirm IF this is your product code:
059S9H6 RM-875 VAR EURO HU VODAFONE SL BLACK
RM875_3049.0000.1330.1003_RETAIL_eu_hungary_218_03_256019_prd_signed.ffu

jeetu4444

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
Guys I just spoke to nokia guy's in india. They said nokia black should be available in 2 to 3 daya...hope its comes before Christmas. Excited to have gdr 3 and nokia black on lumia 1020. Just saw lumia 1520 and its huge..I put it beside my note 2..

Mr Lebowski

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
Hi folks,

I just wanted to share some pictures from my Lumia 1020 post Black update!

Yes, the yellow tint has gone completely in artificial light scenes. The results look really promising. I am not really sure about any big improvement in noise levels as I might have a placebo effect. :)

The pictures do look clear with great white balance.

First: Original scene screenshot
Second: without flash (no yellow tint)
Third: with flash (no yellow tint again)

View attachment 52366View attachment 52367View attachment 52368

Hope that answers many worries!! :)

In the upper two bottom pictures, "white" is blueish in the one without the flash
and the one with the flash is warmer so WB /WHITE is not correct in either
but it does look better post Black.

I don't know if the ceiling has blue like the second picture
or it is cr?me like the bottom picture but the white on this page is white those aren't white and again it is better but white ?

Just curiuos what color is the ceiling ? :smile:

niel27

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
In the upper two bottom pictures, "white" is blueish in the one without the flash
and the one with the flash is warmer so WB /WHITE is not correct in either
but it does look better post Black.

I don't know if the ceiling has blue like the second picture
or it is cr?me like the bottom picture but the white on this page is white those aren't white and again it is better but white ?

Just curiuos what color is the ceiling ? :smile:

I would say, the ceiling is blue like third picture and the wall is white like second picture although remember that there is artificial lighting which makes the white wall look like the third picture.

So yes, without flash you will get cooler tones but with flash, they have nailed it!!

Mr Lebowski

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
I would say, the ceiling is blue like third picture and the wall is white like second picture although remember that there is artificial lighting which makes the white wall look like the third picture.

So yes, without flash you will get cooler tones but with flash, they have nailed it!!

Thanks. The picture where everything has a blue hue to it, did you SET WB or leave it on AUTO, the reason I ask is I think NOKIA could make a better WB whether set to auto or manually setting it. I really wish the camera would have a "white card" WB setting or more often known as Manual, Custom or Preset, (icon with dot and two triangles on ether side)
Still with BLACK white looks better.

vlad0

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I need an original landscape shot in daylight in 5Mpix pureview mode and I will tell you right away if there is an improvement or not..

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Yes, us sim free users get left in the murky water when it comes to updates these days and the carrier locked users are the "privileged few" ... lol, also Nokia don't seem to have a link up for Black yet so I guess it is still early to state or confirm the timescale. Regardless Nokia did explicitly state it will start rolling out January anyway but having said that, Nokia I wouldn't mind an early Christmas present :) as these photos look pretty good though some are abit off so need a little tweaking :D.

Software update for Nokia Lumia with Windows Phone 8 - Nokia

niel27

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
I need an original landscape shot in daylight in 5Mpix pureview mode and I will tell you right away if there is an improvement or not..

I can do that tomorrow morning. Although it's going to be cloudy here. Do you want any specific ISO or Auto mode.

Ps. I just took some pictures in restaurants today with flash and let me tell you- The white balance was fantastic. I won't be able to upload them as there are people in it. I love xenon so much more now :)

Here is a comparison shot I took without flashImageUploadedByWPCentral Forums1387598168.959739.jpgImageUploadedByWPCentral Forums1387598181.634112.jpg
Guess which was taken by iPhone5 and 1020 Black? ;)

vlad0

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I can do that tomorrow morning. Although it's going to be cloudy here. Do you want any specific ISO or Auto mode.

100iso if possible :) everything else.. it doesn't matter all that much, I will just look at the pixels anyway..

There should be a pretty obvious improvement overall.. I am glad that the yellow tint is gone

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Guys I just spoke to nokia guy's in india. They said nokia black should be available in 2 to 3 daya...hope its comes before Christmas. Excited to have gdr 3 and nokia black on lumia 1020. Just saw lumia 1520 and its huge..I put it beside my note 2..

If you cannot wait, opt for developer preview its similar to black.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05