Wanting to buy a Lumia 928, starting to get get scared of what I'm reading online

Awbridgers

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
I am looking to buy a lumia 928, but i've seen numerous things online of people trashing the phone saying it freezes up constantly, it seems like all the reviews say it freezes all the time and I'm starting to get scared to buy the phone. Is this something that actually happens alot or is this just a case of the people it happens to get mad and write a review?

RichHowerton

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
bought mine the day it came out, never a lock up. so much better than the iphone 4s I had..which locked up or rebooted repeatedly. My iphone 4s would literally reboot itself right in the middle of a phone call, or just browsing the internet.

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
Unhappy people want everyone around them to be unhappy also. I've had mine since July and love it. As a matter of fact, I was going to upgrade to the 929 when it was released but decided this one was good enough to last until the next wave of WP phones come along mid 14.

No guarantees in life but go ahead, you won't regret it.

Zippier

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
I am looking to buy a lumia 928, but i've seen numerous things online of people trashing the phone saying it freezes up constantly, it seems like all the reviews say it freezes all the time and I'm starting to get scared to buy the phone. Is this something that actually happens alot or is this just a case of the people it happens to get mad and write a review?

I've only had mine for a month now but am genuinely enjoying it. My daughter has an HTC 8x which is also a great phone. What other phones are you comparing it to? What features are you most interested in or need?

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
I've had mine since... earlier in the year. It's only frozen once, maybe twice. No regrets on getting it.

psiu_glen

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
I think mine has only had a handful or so freezeups since June. Once immediately while setting it up initially, maybe one other time, and a couple times where the touch portion has gone dead (I think a glitch in the screen on/off mechanism, hit it at *just* the wrong moment (like screen timing out, then hitting power, but it thinks it is off, or something). Good phone for me for sure -- though if you can hold out, could be worth seeing what the replacement will be like.

western_riders_dad

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
I'll start by saying that I have experienced a number of instances in which the touchscreen would "freeze" or lock-up, requiring a power-cycle. I've had my phone since June, however, this seemed to occur more frequently after I had installed the GDR3 preview build. However, since the last update a couple of weeks ago or so I do not think I have experienced any lock-ups. I'll end by saying I do love my 928, it still puts a smile on my face when I use it, and I can't see myself going back to Android.

Beast of Haeven

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
This phone is very good. Having said that it does need an update to fix a phew issues that many would not consider a deal breaker. I wouldn't use an upgrade to get it if you have unlimited data. If you can get it off contract for 250 (you can) go for it.

chefster74

May 31, 2013
Visit site
I got mine on May 31 and agree with an above post, it's the best phone I've ever had. I have had a few freezeups, but only 3 or 4 times. It's done a couple odd things, but I think all phones have the possiblity of quirks. To me my androids were far worse. I never had an ifruit, but I had 3 Thunderbolts and 3 Rezounds in under a year. For many, android and the fruit are it, for me, I'm all in on WP! I bought my black 928 outright and have grandfathered data. I doubt I could get close to the $500 I paid for it and while i"d love to have the 929, I'm good with this phone and will keep it for at least a year. By the way I chose not to do the dev thing to have the updates, I'd rather get them when they're released. I will say that the big V should have had our upgrades before att, who I detest. Remember they had the 920 six months before we could get a 928, that really pissed me off!!!! While Verizon may offer the best service, they are far behind the curve these days!

kc77

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
The only problems I've had with mine were faulty speakers for the sound and incoming calls. I think it was more of a bad apple type of thing though. Lol. So far, the replacement has been great!

Dk92

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Mine has frozen up a couple of times. However, the good outweighs the bad for me. (Camera, unique UI and ecosystem.)

that_maynard

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
I had mine for 2 weeks and I couldn't get the app Kik to work. That was a must have for my pregnant wife so we traded them in for the i5. That honestly was the only thing that I didn't like about the 928. Never froze, but I didn't have it for too long.

Well I miss it, going to buy one just because of that.

dkediger

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
Had mine since August....been a darn good phone with not a problem....other than the "grunge look" bottom buttons.

I deal with cell phones at work and see bad ones of every type...even iPhones DOA or that have some glitch or another.

boovish

Jul 27, 2012
Visit site

Oh don't worry about it. The 822 had good reviews, but I had replaced 3 times due to malfunctions, but they ship it out right quick, and your using your new one in no time at all.

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Once again. I will reiterate. People who have problems complain. People who don't, never do.

I've had mine since launch day and have had only one problem. The only thing I've had to do is a hard reset due to the compass being stuck.

That's it.

Ultimately, it's your money and your device. Do what you want, but don't be scared. It's actually a very solid device.

themkaufman

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
I've had mine since June and have only had it freeze up on me one time and a simple 5 second soft reset (using the volume & power buttons) resolved the issue and was back to using it again. I can honestly say that the Lumia line trumps the other manufacturers offerings when it comes to WP8 and recommend this phone to everyone who asks. I hope you take the leap and truly enjoy the phone. I can't say enough good about the phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3