Gnarly 1020 Screen Burn (pic)

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I just looked closely at the expanded grey three dots menu on my 1020 and noticed the very subtle imprints of the three dots and also the three icons. Eeeeek!!

I would say those are the biggest threat for burn in, followed by the tile icons if you don't move them around. I had the phone and message tiles at the top of my first Focus and, sure enough, I had a little smiley face and phone burned into the screen after a few months.

jojoe42

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
I would say those are the biggest threat for burn in, followed by the tile icons if you don't move them around. I had the phone and message tiles at the top of my first Focus and, sure enough, I had a little smiley face and phone burned into the screen after a few months.
Hopefully such imprints won't be so obvious as time goes on. If it was one thing to complain about the 1020, it'd be the display....

Shawn Magm

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
who even says 'gnarly' anymore

Surfer dudes. Bobo from Finding Bigfoot says it a lot.

Anyways, my 820 has some burn in but it doesn't bother me much. I bought mine from someone who said he worked for Nokia and used it as a demo. I know a lot of people do not like AMOLED's and prefer LCD's, but I'm the opposite. I like the saturated colors. I like the screen on my 820 better than my Nexus 5.

buxz777

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
I like amoled screens for the pure blacks but at the same time I noticed that lcds have come a long way for example I like the 920 screen and the 1520 screen is gorgeous as is the 2520 tablet screen

I used to like amoled screens for battery saving principals ie when the screen is black then the pixels don't light up ........ the only thing is on windows phone you cant change things like facebook and the web browser to black so doing some activity's with any amount of sufficient screen on time really drains the battery on amoled windows phones :-/

I think both have their pluses and minuses and this specific example is a really extreme one from a demo model that is powered on , the screen left on the same screen for 9 hours a day , in normal use screen burn wont be this bad and it will take a lot of time to happened unless you leave your screen on , with still images to burn ;-)

Psycorp

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Screen burn on AMOLED panels happens because the blue sub-pixels degrade faster than the red or green ones. In the pic the OP posted you can see the burn-in most clearly on the blue sky part of the picture for this very reason.

It's the main reason I've only ever owned one AMOLED phone, the GS3. That and the QC was terrible.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos