Ok I'll ask the stupid question :-) For Unlocked 1020's Black update..How?

Greywolf1967

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
I am new to the WP8 update process, as my only other major update was with my HTC Radar ( WP7 to 7.8).

So of all the information I can find, most sites say the ATT update pushed already, and other providers should roll in early 2014.

So I have a Rogers L1020, unlocked by a cell unlock site, not sure if that maters but added in event it does. I now run on the Wind network, who do not have any Nokia WP8 in their line.

Does anyone know how my update will run? Do I have to follow any special instructions, or will I still get the update if and when Rogers rolls out?

Anyone been using a Nokia branded phone but unlocked from it's original seller, and ran the last update ( Amber), how did your update trigger?

Alienhead95

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
Unlock has nothing to do with updates, cause in theory it is still a carrier branded phone which means you are at the mercy of the carrier for updates. So in your case, whenever Rogers releases the update you will get it by going in to the settings and search for updates.

Greywolf1967

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Unlock has nothing to do with updates, cause in theory it is still a carrier branded phone which means you are at the mercy of the carrier for updates. So in your case, whenever Rogers releases the update you will get it by going in to the settings and search for updates.

Thank you, as I was just not 100% sure. I was thinking the update would have been network tied.

antiochian2010

May 11, 2013
Visit site
It was a good question.

My 1020 is an AT&T I bought full price, no contract at one of their stores that I promptly called customer service to unlock.

I am running it on T-Mobile USA - but the update came through for me immediately.

My guess is that when you run update and your phone connects with the update source, that source reads your phone variant - so even though I am using and connecting with T-Mobile, the 'updater' still viewed my phone as being one of the NAM ATT variants.. so sent the update through..

Also, before I received this I was using the Developers Preview of GDR3, and that did not effect or block the standard update from coming through,.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa