Sarah Williamson1

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site
Hello all,

I am new to Windows Phone, I just bought my first handset for Windows a Nokia Lumia 520 but I was wondering if I can get some advice from some expert users.

I have noticed that the battery life on it is awful. I was looking at my phone, and went into the settings and I saw the battery was on 80%. I then used my facebook app to scroll through my newsfeed and reply to two comments, very short replies, and about 10minutes later, the battery had dropped to 74%.

Is that normal? It seems a bit strange to me. I have gone through all the settings on it and turned on/off all the options I found to preserve the battery life too. At the moment, I feel like my lovely new phone is on charge more than it is in my hands. If it drops that much within 10 minutes, I dread to think how quickly it will drop when I listen to my music on it for an hour each morning when I am commuting.

Any info/advice all appreciated.

Thank you,

From Sarah.

DBDev

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to WPCentral and Windows Phone! Will it go up again if you leave your phone for a while after it has dropped? It is normal on phones that they show less and then go up again if you leave it :wink:

hidayat225

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
Hi Welcome! Using the internet does drain alot of battery life in my experience. And Facebook to me feels data heavy on WP. But listening to music is not as much as looking up Facebook.

Sarah Williamson1

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site
Hi all.

Thanks for your tips. Luckily the usb cable that comes with the phone is small so I can put it in my purse and take it with me to charge the phone in the office :) As for the battery level rising, I have not noticed that.

From Sarah.

Sebastianx

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
Also consider your allowed background task. If you really want to conserve your battery try to turn on the battery saver settings to always. This will disable automatic toast notification and background processes of an application, and also change the screen brightness to medium or low.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss