Lumia 1520 : Screen Brightness Problem

Shouvik Mazumdar

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
So I got my Lumia 1520 on Friday and the phone works fine. I however found a subtle issue with the phone

Problem:

1) I set my phone to full brightness
2) Unlock the phone from the lock screen (no password)
3) The brightness stays for 10s and then suddenly decreases by a rough 4-5%

the change in brightness is very subtle and occurs very very rarely

I tried re producing the bug several times but was not successful , it occurs randomly and very rarely

From the look of it , it looks like a firmware issue more than a hardware issue. For safety sake I have informed by seller about the defect and they are processing an exchange , but besides this and the otherwise loose Sim Tray , the phone is giving absolutely no trouble.

Was wondering if any one is facing a similar issue and if any one has been able to fix it. Is exchanging the phone only option ??

hipporama

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
This is a common problem and I'm sure Nokia will get a fix out for it. I remember having similar problems with the 920 initially but Nokia fixed that in no time.

Selahattin Kotay1

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
Hey to all, i got the same issue with my L1520 unfortunality. I hope nokia will fix it initially with an update because it seems to me that is not a hardware issue but software. I dont want to have trouble with exchanging my phone. A lot of time loosing and procedure with this and i hate it

EDIT: Gents, i have just discussed this matter with Nokia Customer Care. This is totally not hardware or software problem. Just about Sunlight readability. Go to Settings / Display / Turn off Sunlight readability and you will see that screen works just fine.

This is about Sunlight readability sensor, it fixes it self for environment. Brightes much more better than usual under sunshine.

Last edited:

Selahattin Kotay1

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
i have just discussed this matter with Customer care of Nokia. This is totally not a problem or bug gents. I ve just informed that this brightness issue comes from sunlight readability function. They said sensor reads enviroment and fixes screen brightness automatically.

so go to Options / Display / Sunlight readability , and turn it off. Then you will see everything works fine as well. Be informed

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
i have just discussed this matter with Customer care of Nokia. This is totally not a problem or bug gents. I ve just informed that this brightness issue comes from sunlight readability function. They said sensor reads enviroment and fixes screen brightness automatically.

so go to Options / Display / Sunlight readability , and turn it off. Then you will see everything works fine as well. Be informed

I've adjusted those settings numerous times on two 1520's, and nothing changed regarding the issue. :( If yours is fixed, congrats.

Shouvik Mazumdar

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site

Hi

no. I am not talking about that. I am a long time Nokia user and well aware about sunlight readability.

Selahattin Kotay1

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
just tried once again, yes problem continues :unhappysweat: i hate nokia's problem. Really when i take my lumia 920 , there were problems and now with 1520. Nokia should take care of it.

Shouvik Mazumdar

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
See if this is a software issue , it would be fixed. we can bombard Nokias email.But if it is hardware issue it is a pain. Who knows the replacement would have more problems

Selahattin Kotay1

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
See if this is a software issue , it would be fixed. we can bombard Nokias email.But if it is hardware issue it is a pain. Who knows the replacement would have more problems

They do not answer to Emails unfortunality. We need to go to Nokia Care shops to push. the best solutions. but i am not sure software issue or hardware. However in my opinion its software issue. Because brightess is fine 10 second. So it can be bright even if for 10 sec. So hardware working , just smth blocking it and this must be software.

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
We really need a better search function or something. I do believe this is the 4th thread discussing the same problem. It's tough to follow along because information is spread out over multiple threads.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb