[Reasons] Glance feature unavailability!

suddenlyInvincible

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
NOKIA provided an unique feature to the LUMIA (Windows Phone 8) users: "Glance", with the Amber update. Unfortunately, NOKIA Lumia 520 missed this feature, due to possible reasons:
As stated, officially, NOKIA Lumia 520 has an IPS-LCD display, hence is unable to run or show the Glance screen. But, its big brother, NOKIA Lumia 720, which possesses the same display, as well as the same hardware underneath its shell, can run the Glance screen with some limitations, of course.

Well, according to the specifications, NOKIA Lumia 520 has a lesser battery (1430 mAh) in comparison to the NOKIA Lumia 720 (2000 mAh), and also that its lacks the Clearblack Display. This 2 are the only possible reasons, for the NOKIA Lumia 520 of not having the Glance feature.
But, the main reason: NOKIA Lumia 520's 1430 mAh battery isn't powerful enough to run the phone normally, with having the glance ON. whereas, NOKIA Lumia 720's 2000mAh gives it an advantage over its sibling, and can manage that extra juice to run out, to run the Glance screen. That extra bit of charge gives the NOKIA Lumia 720 an edge. and for the same reason NOKIA Lumia 520 misses the glance feature. Sorry folks!! It seems highly unlikely the NOKIA Lumia 520 will ever going to have the Glance feature available.

Sebastianx

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
What can you expect for a budget phone to have all the features of mid-high end lumias?
Don't cry because the newer lumia 625 doesn't have glance either.

lamblumo

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
No its totally wrong... not linked with battery... NOKIA ASHA 502,503,501,500 have glance plus with double.. so not related with battery moreover 620 have less capacity and less display which will be equal to Lumia 520's more battery and bigger display.. compensating effect.. actually its because of display technology.. it isn't clear back and not even display like 720 amoled display.. and worth to notice double tap is only available for devices with 1 gb ram... !! even Lumia 525 have double tap to proof its not related with display tech or battery... !! I rumours are Lumia black will bring this feature for low end devices with 512mb ram....

suddenlyInvincible

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
No its totally wrong... not linked with battery... NOKIA ASHA 502,503,501,500 have glance plus with double.. so not related with battery moreover 620 have less capacity and less display which will be equal to Lumia 520's more battery and bigger display.. compensating effect.. actually its because of display technology.. it isn't clear back and not even display like 720 amoled display.. and worth to notice double tap is only available for devices with 1 gb ram... !! even Lumia 525 have double tap to proof its not related with display tech or battery... !! I rumours are Lumia black will bring this feature for low end devices with 512mb ram....
Do check your facts... Lumia 720 has IPS-LCD display and not AMOLED. And, glance will not be available in 520, even with Black update.

lamblumo

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
yes correction n it have ClearBlack display...... im not saying glance will be available im saying double tap to wake may become available for 512 mb devices including 520.... also I want to add asha 502 have glance.. why the heck 520 aint have.. strange..

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
The most likely reason as I've written before (at least IMO) is that the 520's display is cheap and likely does not function properly enough with Glance. It likely cannot sustain the low power state asked of it by glance without flickering, looking bad or otherwise using too much power.

as for DTTW, I can't really say.

DBZo07

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
I don't care if my device doesn't have glance. Even if I had, i would turn it off. I hate battery suckers.

Sent from my L625

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss