Cleaning the Nokia CC-1043 Cover (for 920)

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I got this nice yellow cover to spice things up for when I decide i want yellow instead of cyan (or just some more protection)

but the problem is that it has become rather dirty in a couple weeks, and no longer is that brilliant yellow it once was. (Especially around the corners and stuff)

How are we supposed to clean it/how do YOU clean it?

GrayW0lf

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
I tried several different cleaners on my 920's yellow case. It doesn't clean at all, unfortunately. The case fits beautifully but sucks for longevity.

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I got this nice yellow cover to spice things up for when I decide i want yellow instead of cyan (or just some more protection)

but the problem is that it has become rather dirty in a couple weeks, and no longer is that brilliant yellow it once was. (Especially around the corners and stuff)

I have the Cyan colored and I see some of this at the corners as well. From what I see this is something that cannot be removed easily. The soft plastic material apparently has absorbed smudge/pigments from other materials (jeans, pockets etc) and it's not just on the very surface anymore. If I had a sample of the plastic I'd try bleaching it with something that you'd use for textile, although I believe that will render the polymer either brittle or soft and very rubbery.
Maybe rubbing it carefully with a 10% hydrogen peroxide solution helps. Will try this myself soon.
For now I live with it.

Last edited:

mirzafida

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site

I'm have used TURTLE WAX? SCRATCH & SWIRL REMOVER to remove little swirl on my 920 shell.
I was hope a little swirl will gone, unfortunately the swirl didn't gone but my shell looks shiny and clean.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes