believe it or not, lag problem!

paulalex93

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
hello , I switched to wp because it was famous for being incredibly fluid. Well , i have lag. Whenever the phone is locked and i wake it up , i launch an aplication and that animation for entering in the app is laggy , and so is the one more after , only after entering in the third aplication , the third animation is fluid and from there on fluid untill it is locked again. any thoughts?

Westoncreg

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Have you tried a hard reset to clear up memory, I've never heard of lag in wo and I've been using it since Gen 1 wp7 (Samsung focus) best of luck

thinkdan

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
hello , I switched to wp because it was famous for being incredibly fluid. Well , i have lag. Whenever the phone is locked and i wake it up , i launch an aplication and that animation for entering in the app is laggy , and so is the one more after , only after entering in the third aplication , the third animation is fluid and from there on fluid untill it is locked again. any thoughts?

Yeah, you should do a hard reset. Something went wrong or got corrupted in your phone. I've never seen lag in any Windows Phone either.

paulalex93

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
and if happens again should I just hard reset all the time?:-S oh , and also I keep my apps closed all the time , meaning i don't have them open in app switcher... does that has to do something? I just hard reseted and I will let u know if it happens again.

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
I also notice lag. If game is paused and i open it after i have just unlocked phone it lags a lot. After some time evrything is ok.. I also have lag when opening SMS app animation is not fluid. But since i own Android tablet and i switched from Nokia C6-01 i do not really care.

paulalex93

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
i don;t have a lot of things , i blocked the here drive + because i think that is a big one. I did a hard reset like you said and now is better , very hard even to see it and it happens only if i leave the phone asleep for 1 minute , wake it and quickly tap on messages. it happens only one time and very hard to see. thanks for the support!

Microsoftjunkie

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
With threads like these, it would be useful to screenshot your apps list, just in case someone else has had similar problems and knows about a certain app you may have installed.

Tom Snyder

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
I like my 920, I wish they would come up with something a app, event viewer anything that may help us determine what is causing problems. The hard reset is just removing the symptoms, if you have a buggy app or hardware problem the symptom will recur. Sort of like the mechanic that keeps changing the same part because it was a symptom of the real problem

I have problems with apps notifications, and I know I have them because it starts spastic battery drainage, I do the auto calender update work around and I have had 13 updates at a time appear in the store tile, update and battery drain will fall to less than 0.5% per hour. Be nice to know whats causing it. But that impossible with the tools we don't have to work with.

paulalex93

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
i found the problem. even if it's odd it was because i had tons of messages threads. I had one that i sent for christmass at 32 people at once and also lots of other threads there. i delete some old ones and now is working flawlessly , i think the stutter was because it had to load so many of them.

paulalex93

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
so actually that wasn't the problem and the messaging app is still like that , I notice a frame drop when openning the app , is it just mine? how come some of you have this and some not? aren't all lumias the same? kinda furstrating.

taymur

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
It depends on the eye, some of us have higher frame rate seeing things ;)

JK I also notice lag, but it goes away as soon as you play around a little bit. it needs a little bit of warming up.

I just hope you didn't buy your phone just for the it being lag free, because I am sure that when windows phone 8.1 is around, we will notice more lag as there will be more features.

Drack648

May 23, 2013
Visit site
I have noticed some lag after I unlock my 920. But I realized it happens only when it is trying to connect to my WiFi after being idle. When it becomes idle, the WiFi signal turns off. So, when my 920 is trying to connect to my WiFi after being idle, I've noticed some lag.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes