Ensure new Ativ S Neo is updated to Microsoft GDR3 (to preserve interop-unlock)

shifuimam

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
I just had to get my Ativ S Neo (Sprint, GDR3 Dev Preview, interop-unlocked) replaced. My replacement device does NOT appear to be running GDR3 yet. How can I ensure that it's updated to Microsoft's GDR3 preview rather than Samsung's update, which is known to break the interop unlock?

Loco5150

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, I was very tired yesterday and didnt even read your initial post properly. You need to get the developer preview app and activate it to get the developer preview updates. There are instructions here, please search WPCentral (newssection had it I think)

However, It is also possible to keep the interop unlock even after applying the official Samsung GDR3. I couldnt still find the instructions for keeping uthe nlock with official GDR3, because they are buried in some long thread. I did saw them there though...

If you cant find them the instructions are here, use translator:

[ATIV S][GT-I8750] Instalacja oficjalnej aktualizacja GDR3 z zachowaniem Interopa.

shifuimam

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
Thanks!

It turns out my fears were for nothing - I thought Sprint had already pushed GDR3, but it appears they haven't. I did the developer unlock and installed the preview for developers app, and the only updates that came through were from Microsoft directly.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos