Tried almost everything, still cant connect my Phone to PC

Hisham Mubarak1

Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
I had no issue connecting my 520 to PC in Win7, after I installed windows 8, PC recognises my phone and charges, but the 'Windows Phone' is not appearing and I am unable to tranfer files. It just charges.

I tried installing windows phone app, when opening app, it just close, I cant even click or touch anything, it close as soon it starts.
Updated the lumia driver using driverscanner, not working. THen updated driver using manul steps, by downloading the driver file and browsing in Device manager, then it says no driver found, though I browsed to the exact directory I downloaded driver. Removed memmory card and tried coonecting phone, restarted phone with it connected to PC, almost tried everything and still cant connect! anyone please help me find a solution, I am unable to transfer any files between PC and Phone except via BT now! and thanks sucks

oldpueblo

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I had this issue and it was actually something related to the USB drivers I think since I also couldn't get flash drives to be recognized. I had to do a reinstall of windows anyway for an unrelated issue so instead of troubleshooting it I just reinstalled. Fixed it. Since you have Windows 8 you might consider doing the refresh option. If you want to troubleshoot there are programs out there that will allow you to see your rememeberd USB devices, delete them, then when you plug in next it will do the clean driver install again. That might work.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05