How many hours of battery do you see remaining at 100% battery?

Lundon44

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
Sounds like I'm having issues with the 1520's battery. I haven't been able to get more than 20 hours remaining to show. I've done 2 full battery drains. According to the battery app I installed it's reporting just under 5% battery drain per hour. I've tried disabling data, running in airplane mode, disabling WiFi and a ton of other things. My only other suspicions are an app causing drain or trying a hard reset. But I'd be afraid to hard reset to see no improvements then go through a full day or reinstalling apps and reconfiguring for nothing.

I've heard of owners seeing easily between 30-48 hrs of battery remaining at full charge. I don't recall ever seeing over 20-24hrs. Any suggestions? Do I have a lemon? Could a hard reset fix this? Should I contact Nokia?

I bought the unlocked RM-937 from OmegaCell online so I can't exactly swap it out.

xboxonthego3

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Hmmm.. well from what I have read Battery apps can cause quite a bit of Battery drain. But I have never installed a battery app so I wouldn't know for sure. If it is constantly monitoring activity it might be part of the problem.

Another thing to consider is adjusting brightness settings, turning off tap+send, turning off Bluetooth, and turning off wifi when you are not around wifi you usually connect to but it sounds like you may have tried a lot of those suggestions so far. Also keep in mind everyone uses their devices differently. You could just be using your 1520 more than others. Or using a more power hungry app and or game. (Games can easily drain battery life). Oh one more thing check for any apps that are allowed to run in the background! Might narrow down your search for the culprit that is causing some battery drain.

Hope this is helpful! But if that doesn't work. A Hard Reset might be your only hope.

SoloXCRacer

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
As a mobile developer I can tell you this. This number is calculated by the OS and developers have access to it through the Windows Phone 8 API (specifically, the Battery class). This number can change drastically depending on the load your phone is taking on, what's running, etc. It is not a tried and true number, but only an estimation based on what your phone is doing at the time. And even then, it's only an estimation with a margin of error. I would not worry about it too much on what the number says. I would only worry if your battery is draining rapidly or if you can't last through the day with reasonable use. If that's the case, then you have some background process or app is that is causing it. But if not, I wouldn't lose sleep over it. :)

Lundon44

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
As a mobile developer I can tell you this. This number is calculated by the OS and developers have access to it through the Windows Phone 8 API (specifically, the Battery class). This number can change drastically depending on the load your phone is taking on, what's running, etc. It is not a tried and true number, but only an estimation based on what your phone is doing at the time. And even then, it's only an estimation with a margin of error. I would not worry about it too much on what the number says. I would only worry if your battery is draining rapidly or if you can't last through the day with reasonable use. If that's the case, then you have some background process or app is that is causing it. But if not, I wouldn't lose sleep over it. :)

Thanks for the feedback.. I'll admit it has been driving me a little nutty lately trying to figure it out. Especially when others are boasting about not having to charge theirs for 2 days with moderate to heavy use. I use mine quite a bit for surfing, RSS feeds, Facebook, streaming video and the occasional gaming. I actually do very little talking on it. And I have most things on like WiFi, LTE, location services, app back up etc. I also run at full screen brightness. My battery lasts me to what I feel is an average amount of time. I charge it every night before bed and sometimes might top it up a few times during the day. If I monitor my battery I'll see about 5% battery drain per hour without any use. Just having it in sleep mode in my pocket. Does that sound normal at least? Even in airplane mode it still loses about 5% per hour.

TheLiege

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I also run at full screen brightness.

To me this sounds like your main problem. The few times I've turned mine off automatic it gets brighter even when set on medium so if you're running it constantly on high that's not going to do your battery life any good.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
As a point of reference, I took my 1520 off charge an hour ago. It's currently showing 1 day, 16 hours charge left (40 hours).

arni99

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
5 days 7 hours Lumia 1520.
0,x % drain per hour.
Of course this changes rapidly as soon as your using your 1520.

Last edited:

marcelohc

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Hi all, (sorry by the offtopic...) somebody could tell me what is the best (and correct) method to calibrate our L1520 battery?

And other question: is advisable to completely discharge the battery (0%) ?

Thanks all!

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi all, (sorry by the offtopic...) somebody could tell me what is the best (and correct) method to calibrate our L1520 battery?

And other question: is advisable to completely discharge the battery (0%) ?

Thanks all!

It will sort it self out.

Advice about discharging battery is for older batteries.

Lundon44

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
I never trust the read out in the battery settings any more. Mine will tell me 15 hrs at 100% or sometimes 17 hrs... or 21 hrs. It seems to base that reading on the hourly rate in which the battery is draining. My battery lasts long enough for me which is all that matters and I'm a fairly heavy user. I know that I have to charge my phone every night which is common for most people anyway. If I do intensive gaming I expect battery drain to go quickly. If I'm streaming HD videos over a long time I also expect battery drain. Otherwise everything take little battery.

akthelonelyman

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
I never trust the read out in the battery settings any more. Mine will tell me 15 hrs at 100% or sometimes 17 hrs... or 21 hrs. It seems to base that reading on the hourly rate in which the battery is draining. My battery lasts long enough for me which is all that matters and I'm a fairly heavy user. I know that I have to charge my phone every night which is common for most people anyway. If I do intensive gaming I expect battery drain to go quickly. If I'm streaming HD videos over a long time I also expect battery drain. Otherwise everything take little battery.
maybe slightly on higher side of the drain. but the full brightness is the major culprit. i set mine on auto usually.
what i noticed in my various devices {tablets and my 1520} full brightness kills the battery literally. even in my old ipad2 which had an out of the world battery if i turn up the brightness to max battery drains atleast twice as fast.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05