Best apps and games for lumia 1520

Pavel_Y

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

My lumia 1520 on its way to me so I am curious is there a list of apps and games which are optimized to full hd resolution and which (mostly games, I guess) can make full use of snapdragon 800?
Or if there are no list what are your opinions/preferences?

Thanks in advance

5150 Joker

Dec 4, 2013
Visit site
I don't think any use 1080p but they all pretty much scale correctly except old games and apps designed for WP7 devices. I'll compile a list of what I use when I'm back on my PC.

Sent from my RM-937_apac_hong_kong_222 using Tapatalk

apisfires

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
Can't wait for list because I still new with windows phone. I'm previously is Galaxy S3 user

Sent from my Lumia 1520 using Tapatalk

hipporama

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
There are some old apps which do not scale properly. You will see a black bar at the top in such apps. iMDB comes to mind. But such apps are quite rare and most apps will scale properly.

Don't think there are any games which make use of the Snapdragon 800 since this processor is new for Windows Phone and it's available only in one phone right now.

rajamass

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Even I had the same doubt

In store description most of the apps showing 720p resolution support only which means they are not written in full hd resolution
though they are compatible the graphics and everything seems to be upscaled or adjusted (Fit) resolution on phone

vishhh

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Yup i too agree there aren't any apps yet but the same are nicely up scaled ... The screen is gorgeous

Sent from my RM-937_im_india_235 using Tapatalk

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
There are some old apps which do not scale properly. You will see a black bar at the top in such apps. iMDB comes to mind. But such apps are quite rare and most apps will scale properly.

Don't think there are any games which make use of the Snapdragon 800 since this processor is new for Windows Phone and it's available only in one phone right now.

The 1520 and 930/Icon have the SnapDragon 800. The HTC One M8 has an 801.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I always like Hill Climb Racing and it's more fun on the screen size...

What you really want is MoliPlayer Pro & a good rip and convert program. Format your video files to take advantage of the screen and enjoy some great movies and TV shows on demand. Go ahead, you've got storage options as well.

My pick for a fun time waster: Frisky Dingo, converted from my DVD collection via DVDFab.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss