Take it from someone who's owned 7 Nokia 928's. The worst phone ever made!

themadpoet1

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
I went through 1 928 after the next on Verizon. The first one I had, the antenna or something went bad, because the calls would cut in and out, skype or just using the cell towers, and if I would touch my finger to the back of the phone the call would work, then if i released my finger from it the call would cut out. Out of the 7 928's that I had, it did this on 3 of them. The other 3 turned into bricks after resetting them. Also, the mic-out when I plugged my headphones in them didn't work in 1 or 2 of them that I had. And for the last 928, which I received for 75 dollars and gave to my fiance, her mic-out isn't working and the phone's battery dies real quick and there's all sorts of problems with it.

Folks, do what I did. Switch to AT&T Go-Phone and buy a 1020 or 1520, they are way better phones. The 928 is the biggest heap of junk ever and even the sales people at Verizon know it.

anon(5316299)

Dec 18, 2008
Visit site
No problems with my 928. Very reliable, great sound quality, great battery, great reception. I own a 1020 as well and the 928 is a nice complement.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

gapost

Dec 1, 2004
Visit site
I'm sorry for your bad luck and I can see why you think it's a bad phone. However, I have six 928's being used in my business and have only had to exchange one for a non-responsive screen. No other problems that required a replacement phone.

DBZo07

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
Seems really sad, that's huge disappointment.
Try for higher authority of Nokia SC.
I am sure that you will be assisted.

Sent from my L625

Donald Burr

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Have not had any problems like that with mine, going on 5 months. I have however noticed that even with the display turned all the way to cool the "white" background simply is NOT. Really off-white and dull especially when compared to the Apple 5s (still wiping the egg of my face)... the difference in the detail, contrast and crispness of the displays was a bit startling. Going to wait for the 929 to see if that is better.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Try getting one from Amazon. No one there has said what you're saying about the 928. The Verizon store you shop might be damaging them purposely.

gsquared

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
I didn't read the post but what I find odd is after the second or third device you kept going back for more. You obviously have amazing patience.

Ahh, what the hell, I'm calling BS...

jlzimmerman

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Seven? Really???

Why go back after your 3rd or 4th one (if you're not lying about the whole thing) took a dump? You must <3 <3 Windows Phone. Given the success and the 928 and all the reviews, the chances that you landed seven duds in a row is hard to believe and must be as rare as a unicorn. I bet Verizon has your number on block.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Even though I haven't had those issues I did see alot of people exchanging faulty 928s on this forum.

You need to remember, ONLY people who have issues complain. So, out of all the phones sold, a small percentage has an issue, those people are the loudest and that is about 95% of what you hear. It could be less than 1% of people having issues, but, if that is all you see or hear, then it seems like a lot.

No question the 928 is a little buggy, GDR3 has appears to sort of fix a lot of minor issues for me. I can't say it's been as bad as the issues the OP had here but, I would not go that far but, everyone's results will vary here...

dakranii

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
People who keep asking "why did you go back?" my return question is, what is he supposed to do? This is a relatively new phone likely on a 2 year contract with Verizon. When the phone goes bad, is he supposed to shell out $500+ for another phone? There's a hardware warranty and the phone can be replaced for FREE, hopefully for a phone that's working.

I'm in a similar situation, just got my 4th 928 on Saturday (the 3rd was sent in for repair too and returned defective). What I'm seeing is that if you get a bad phone, you get it replaced with a refurbished phone that unfortunately is not clear of the problems that sent it in in the first place. It seems to be a cycle that we get stuck in. I'm hoping my 4th 928 here just works, but if it quits working, I'm doing the only thing I have the option to do...get a new one through Verizon.

There is only 2 ways out of the cycle. Pony up the money for a new phone, which the OP did. Or Verizon told me that after numerous defective phones they'll sometimes switch you to a different model. As a Windows Phone fan, my options are the 822, the ATIV, and the 8X. Neither of those options is that appealing to me. When the 929 finally arrives, maybe that'll be an option as well.

I do agree the complainers on the board (me included) are a vocal minority. My conversations with sales reps at the 2 Verizon stores I've used to replace my 928 have led me to believe (through their experience) that the 928 is no worse than any other phone they carry...iPhones, GS4s, HTC Ones, etc all have returns at the stores, none more so than they others.

dakranii

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Try getting one from Amazon. No one there has said what you're saying about the 928. The Verizon store you shop might be damaging them purposely.

Where it comes from doesn't matter. Verizon isn't "damaging them on purpose." When you get a replacement, it comes in the mail, not from the store.

jgraves1107

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
Hey I used to work making GM Cadillac wiring harnesses and my god one qc tech would just box up failed harnesses like no big deal. We would get a batch of wire that had issues and they would ship them out like nothing was wrong. That is a serious issue in mfg lines. So getting 7 duds is possible. I would try and have one shipped from Nokia instead of returning to the store after the 3rd failure. The stores don't seem to care if they have a bad batch. They will recycle them and not tell you. Mine would never give me a recycle, they'd say we have to order it cuz we don't have one that works.

Bartdog

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site

you sound crazy paranoid, BUT I suspected the same thing from AT&T when my wife bought her 1020. It had three cracks running across the screen and she says she never dropped it. We couldn't prove when it happened. Had to pay to get it repaired. AT&T just referred us to Nokia, even though we had insurance on it.

Mr Lebowski

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
I didn't read the post but what I find odd is after the second or third device you kept going back for more. You obviously have amazing patience.

Ahh, what the hell, I'm calling BS...

I had 14 Lumia 928s and they were all perfect, I only use them for week then throw them away.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I have my fifth 928. One of them was because I cracked the screen. The rest were defects of various sorts. But I still believe that this is the best phone that Verizon currently carries.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss