Chinese hackers claim to have finally hacked Lumia 920

KrisJoeEll

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
These 'extra functionality' can cause security and stability issues if not handled well. I hope this doesn't ruin WP architecture.

DaveGx

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
True. On the bright side, many feature hungry "jailbrakers" from other platforms could now start to consider WP.

The best part would be possible tweaks, features MS drags their feet on or just down right refuses to implement. Even simple things like a color picker, which annoys me beyond belief that MS has refused to give us this super simple option.

BlackGoku

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
We all know what that would result in-Severe crashing of ur phone though you would have some advantages with tweaks but still if it means installig paid apps for free then hell yeah else boohoo!

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
The best part would be possible tweaks, features MS drags their feet on or just down right refuses to implement. Even simple things like a color picker, which annoys me beyond belief that MS has refused to give us this super simple option.

This is what I see as the biggest advantage. Relatively few users would actually do it. Those that would do it would also know the risks, so it's their problem. I think the biggest issue here is that the purists are alarmed that WP is proved to be exploitable.

gsquared

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
"I think the biggest issue here is that the purists are alarmed that WP is proved to be exploitable."

Maybe I'm a little slow this morning but where are these people? None of the comments seem to be of an "alarmed" nature.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
"I think the biggest issue here is that the purists are alarmed that WP is proved to be exploitable."

Maybe I'm a little slow this morning but where are these people? None of the comments seem to be of an "alarmed" nature.

Well there a couple right here:

These 'extra functionality' can cause security and stability issues if not handled well. I hope this doesn't ruin WP architecture.

We all know what that would result in-Severe crashing of ur phone though you would have some advantages with tweaks but still if it means installig paid apps for free then hell yeah else boohoo!

I actually first typed "disappointed" but before posting I thought maybe "alarmed" would be more accurate. I believe I was mistaken. Basically if this comes to fruition it reduces WP's security advantage.

MyNL822

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
Well, jail breaking on windows phone might cause Microsoft to be more like Apple. Everyone claims that Apple steals ideas from other companies, but apple mainly steals stuff from the jail breaking community. I was (and still am) an apple user, and I had jailbroke my iPod touch 4g, and saw several tweaks that I liked, and a big handful of features from Jailbreakers came to iOS 7, but back on topic, Microsoft might react negatively just like Apple did and try to sue these hackers. Apple tried to sue jailbreakers, but jail breaking became legal and Apple just lashed back with voids warranty and has to be removed for update. Apple now treats jailbreakers as the little pests and decide to take what they want when they want because jailbreakers can't do anything about it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99