Everybody still love 1520?

greedypnguin

May 11, 2013
Visit site
Not rich at all. These amazing devices have been available for as little as $74 at times. Cost more than that to repair a cracked iPhone screen.

I am amazed at what gets invented every night while I sleep. I wake and discover another LEAP in technology. The 1520 being the most recent.

This stuff was all science fiction just a few years ago. If someone handed you this marvelous device just after we survived Y2K, (not long ago) you wouldn't think it was a huge cell phone.

Instead, you would think it's the smallest most powerful computer you had ever seen.

We have come so far so fast. And our expectations are revealing. We dismiss things like this for the smallest of reasons.

Humans are amazing creatures. :)

so inspiring

Bjfcm

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Re: I Love it evan more: But Afraid of the 520's Sucess

I love the phone more and more everyday. I've had almost every smartphone created. I currently have a Galaxy Note, A Nokia 920 and an Android Inspire. All very solid devices ,but cannot compare to the form , power , usability and of course the screen of the exquisite 1520

IS ANYONE ELSE AFRAID THAT THE 1520 IS THE LAST OF ITS KIND. ( Screens will get smaller or cheaper quality)

I ask because of the recent information from Duplex on how well the smaller less expensive Nokia 520 is doing. I fear that Microsoft of Nokia will focus on more 520 clones due to it doing so well that they will abandon high end devices like the 1520:unhappysweat:

iliramove

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
I'm sure there are different users with different preferences for screen sizes for different reasons. I don't think 1520 will be the last of the innovation.

For me, my experience with WP8 started with the incredible Lumia 925 at work, which made me pursue the Lumia 1020 replacing my HTC One as a personal phone. Pureview is just amazing.

Then it was launch day of Lumia 1520 in my country, traded in the 925 and got this bad *** Lumia 1520. My work phone is the Lumia 1020 now.

Still loving both of them, everyday.

Sent from my RM-937_apac_sea_206 using Tapatalk

maverick786us

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
I don't own a Lumia 1520 yet. But I got my hands on it, on a couple of occasions, and I found it so handy. The big screen is so convenient. I found typing so easy on the screen even on portrait mode. Every time I look at it, my temptation to buy 1520 keeps on increasing.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Re: I Love it evan more: But Afraid of the 520's Sucess

I love the phone more and more everyday. I've had almost every smartphone created. I currently have a Galaxy Note, A Nokia 920 and an Android Inspire. All very solid devices ,but cannot compare to the form , power , usability and of course the screen of the exquisite 1520

IS ANYONE ELSE AFRAID THAT THE 1520 IS THE LAST OF ITS KIND. ( Screens will get smaller or cheaper quality)

I ask because of the recent information from Duplex on how well the smaller less expensive Nokia 520 is doing. I fear that Microsoft of Nokia will focus on more 520 clones due to it doing so well that they will abandon high end devices like the 1520:unhappysweat:

While maybe not the best thread to bring this up, I wouldn't worry. First off, the success of the L52X series has introduced a large fan base to the WP world. A portion of these buyers will continue to buy less expensive phones, but a group will want better devices. If they have enjoyed the WP experience, then top end devices such as the 1520 and the 1020 as well as mid-tier efforts like the 1320 and 7XX series will see sales increases.

Next, Forbes had this handy little article out:

Phablets To Outdo Small Tablets In 2014: Technalysis's O'Donnell - Forbes

If you believe analysts, which I usually do not, the B.B.P. (Big **** Phones) market can not be abandoned. It is too much in demand. The engineers and designers at Nokia are doing a great job addressing this. If MS is smart and keeps these people in the fold once the purchase of Nokia hardware gets through China regulations and becomes official, then the L1520 is just the first of premium devices to roll off to market.

Shouvik Mazumdar

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Despite few annoying problems like brightness and scrolling issues , I love the 1520. Thought very hard to buy a Not 3 vrs 1520 , Finally took the jump and bought a 1520

zipro

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Despite some issues (swipe/click, poor low-light performance both for video and still pictures) I absolutely love it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

husslord

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
I have the 1020 and still love it shockingly!!! Since I love the larger screen sizes!! But after playing with the 1520 I may buy this as a second phone/tablet for school, work and when at home I don't wanna jump on my laptop! This phone is beautiful! Sucks to hear about the WiFi issues! It seems windows in general has WiFi issues but who knows my 1020 has been great to me! My only concern with the 1520 is if god forbid I drop it, which I usually never do! I'm very careful and baby my phones but Nokia phones and their edges/corners do take a beating even from the smallest drops! But this phone is great! I'm hoping next month I can find it for a good price online off contract! Or maybe by then the 32gb att model will be out? Either way I should have bought it when I had the chance! In the end I am happy I left android and for good!!! :)

husslord

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
Btw when you guys mention screen sensitivity issues do you mean its too sensitive or do you have to double tap at times?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234