Lumia 1520 UK

Jcowley

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
So my Yellow 1520 had an estimated arrival date of 20th to 31st of January and it's arrived today. It was from the seller "Gooddeal4u" on amazon. I chose them because they have over 5k ratings in the past 12 months at 99%+ positive feedback. I'll post some pictures if anybody is interested and of course i'll still post whatever information Nokia gets back to me with.

Jcowley

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site

Jcowley

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
Hooray, I recieved an e-mail from Howard! Sadly, it's not the email anybody wanted :(

Hi Jonathan,

At the moment I am afraid that our retail customers are only ranging the White and Black versions of the Lumia 1520. If this changes in the future I will let you know.

I did see a Yellow Lumia 1520 for sale on Amazon, however I cannot speak to the providence of this device as it is being traded in the Amazon marketplace and is likely to be a European variant device with a 2-pin plug.

Regards,
Howard

I replied asking if they would cover imported handsets under warranty seeing as they are unable to sell me one, we'll see how long it takes him to say no to that! My import arrived and I couldn't be happier with it, there is no branding and no defects as far as I can tell (I don't even have the swipe/tap issue)

gustav90

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
Nokia is a disaster in distribution they need to improve this thing if they want to be better. The phone was announced las November we are in January and its impossible to buy one 'normaly' no stock no all colors no in all country's... Its his best phone and the best lumia phone and is like they won't be the best....

Sent from my Z5 using Tapatalk

wraypa1

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
Thx Jcowley for posting results of all your correspondence with nokia. hopefully they will honour warranties on imports (it is their fault people are in this mess), in which case i will follow your lead.

Jcowley

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
Thx Jcowley for posting results of all your correspondence with nokia. hopefully they will honour warranties on imports (it is their fault people are in this mess), in which case i will follow your lead.

No problem. I doubt they will offer cover on handsets from outside the EU, although it still ends up being cheaper buying the 1520 from abroad then paying for a years cover with a 3rd party insurer like protect my bubble.

This is the email I sent back to Howard:

Howard,

Would I be covered if I purchased a phone from outside the EU? I don't see why not as Nokia is clearly denying UK customers the chance to purchase the phone they want, forcing them to import it.

They are also not being honest about the reasons why the yellow model is not available in the UK, something is not right.

All I want is the knowledge that I will be covered from manufacturing faults if I buy a non-EU device, as I am forced to. I cannot imagine why there would be issues with this, as it is still a Nokia product.

Regards,
Jonathan

6029KingStephen

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
Hooray, I recieved an e-mail from Howard! Sadly, it's not the email anybody wanted :(

"At the moment I am afraid that our retail customers are only ranging the White and Black versions of the Lumia 1520. If this changes in the future I will let you know."

It's OK him saying that, but we know some of those retail customers wanted to stock the yellow, because they were offering pre-orders on it back in Nov/Dec. From that, I assume an honest reply from Howard would have said "I'm afraid we decided to send all our yellow 1520's to other markets and just supply black and white to the UK. Tough luck, buy a white one."

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro