Capacitive buttons (back, home and search keys) not working on lumia 820 after digitizer replacement

Star M

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
Capacitive buttons (back, home and search keys) not working on lumia 820 after digitizer replacement. The other parts of the touch screen is working perfectly. It's just those three buttons at the bottom, they also light up so that means the digitizer is connected properly, especially after removing and replacing several times.

Can anyone help?

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
My recommendation would be to do a hard reset (Settings | About | Reset my phone). You'll want to make sure your photos are all backed up to either SkyDrive or your PC first, and you're going to lose app data for apps that don't provide a backup method (SkyDrive, app's servers, etc). If you have the backup settings on then your apps will be able to automatically reinstall when you restore the backup. Also, if you have GDR3 installed you can do that restore from WiFi.

If you don't yet have GDR3, and want to install it, here's some direction:
https://www.google.com/url?q=http:/...ds-cse&usg=AFQjCNF7Oyy3OdOmFel6G8UmcNgtaMkEfA

If after a hard reset the buttons still don't work, the problem is hardware. If it is still under warranty, contact Nokia for repair. If not, hopefully you've got insurance on the phone. Also, there are plenty of indie repair providers out there - you could check with them for a cost estimate, should you not be covered by insurance.

Star M

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
I think the digitizer may be defective. Not sure but i think i might replace it again. Hopefully that'll solve the problem.

Ben Murphi

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
I have a 520 lumia nokia and am experiencing exactly the same problems. The screen works fine but the bottom buttons (home, search, back) do not. having read a lot of reponses it appears that a hardware reset would not be the solution. Does anyone know what to do? If it helps the lights of the buttons are not active. Many thanks for your time!

crowsnest93

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
The search button on my lumia 520 was only working intermittently after I replaced the digitizer.
However after a little trial and error I discovered that the position appears to be displaced from the symbol and if I tap the screen about 1 cm away (above and to left) of the symbol, it works perfectly.
Hope this might be the case for your buttons too.

wp_user2

Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
Capacitive buttons (back, home and search keys) not working on lumia 820 after digitizer replacement. The other parts of the touch screen is working perfectly. It's just those three buttons at the bottom, they also light up so that means the digitizer is connected properly, especially after removing and replacing several times.

Can anyone help?

Ravi Patel7

Sep 15, 2015
Visit site
same issue...after digitizer replacement in lumia 520, windows and back button are not working...anyone got the solution ?...share it..thnx in advance.

Owura Asuman

Aug 9, 2016
Visit site
I had a similar problem and I was able to solve it.
Remove the Sim card and any Memory card from the Phone, put it on charge for an hour and factory reset the phone.Your problems will be over. Thanks

cameron cook

Oct 14, 2016
Visit site

Can anyone help?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro