Black spots in my 820's AMOLED display in the dark.

KrisJoeEll

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
I have looked around about this in other forums and sites only to get vague answers.
So please anyone here answer these?
1. Is this normal for a AMOLED Screen?
2. Will it get Worse over time?
3. If so any solutions?

raccoon210

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
I have looked around about this in other forums and sites only to get vague answers.
So please anyone here answer these?
1. Is this normal for a AMOLED Screen?
2. Will it get Worse over time?
3. If so any solutions?

yes yes and no. That's the disadvantage of an AMOLED screen. If its just burn in

Is it spots of complete black or is it just like a dark outline of a frequently used thing? If its the former it could be dead pixels, but the latter and its burn in

KrisJoeEll

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
yes yes and no. That's the disadvantage of an AMOLED screen. If its just burn in

Is it spots of complete black or is it just like a dark outline of a frequently used thing? If its the former it could be dead pixels, but the latter and its burn in

Its black spots like small ink drops. I have only a small amount n my screen right now but how fast will they get worse?

spaulagain

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Its black spots like small ink drops. I have only a small amount n my screen right now but how fast will they get worse?

I have the same thing on my 1020. I'm curious if this is a long term issue. I can't see them when the screen has color, etc. But all black screen in dark ir is apparent.

I have one large size one (size of an eraser) in the bottom left hand corner, and a dozen or so small ones scattered throughout the screen.

Couple threads on this...

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/ra...pport/237016-amoled-has-black-spots-dark.html

http://androidforums.com/motorola-droid-razr-razr-maxx/510332-black-spots-screen.html

Found a bunch of others even on the Nokia N9. This apparently the nature of AMOLED screens. I personally don't mind it with all the other benefits of AMOLED.

Last edited:

KrisJoeEll

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
I have the same thing on my 1020. I'm curious if this is a long term issue. I can't see them when the screen has color, etc. But all black screen in dark ir is apparent.

I have one large size one (size of an eraser) in the bottom left hand corner, and a dozen or so small ones scattered throughout the screen.

Did your screen had this amount of black spots when you brought it or did it kept growing from a perfectly normal screen?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss