Is there anyway to listen to the radio on a bluetooth headset?

dfaris

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
I have this great bluetooth headset I use to work out with and I would love to be able to listen to the radio using these instead of
having to plug in a wired headset. Does anyone know if there is some kind of work around? I know it uses the wired headset as a
antenna so maybe there is a plug in antenna that will still let the music flow to the bluetooth headset?

Thanks

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Your phone needs the amount of wire in the headphones for the antenna, as you said. Without that antenna, your fm reception would be bad or non existent. Bluetooth transmitters just don't have the antenna required to pick up fm radio frequencies. You're better finding streaming or mp3s.

badplanet

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
I think jmshub is correct but there might be a way. You need to have the wired earbuds/headphones in to start the radio but I have heard you can then pull them out and depending on the specific strength of the radio signal the station will keep playing though the phones speaker. You could then turn on your Bluetooth headphones and see if it works. Might be worth a try.....

dfaris

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
I was kind of looking for a antenna that I could plug in to pick up the station but then hear through my bluetooth headset.

SwimSwim

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
Are you sure there's no way of plugging in regular headphones, but still having the audio output to the Bluetooth headset? In know Windows Phone doesn't have robust Bluetooth settings, but it still seems possible.

I know on the FM radio, you can pull up the settings and have the audio come out over your phone's speaker, even with the required headphones plugged in. Perhaps it's similar with Bluetooth?

dfaris

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Or download iHeart radio. That's what I use while cycling.

Yes I use pandora but that is not the problem. The gym I go to has tvs mounted all over the place and you can listen to them by tuning in a
radio frequency. So I cant tune in the freq and listen to it on my bluetooth headset.

digikiwam

Sep 19, 2016
Visit site
Get a Bluetooth transmitter (like the iKross Transmitter) and a 3.5mm audio extension cable. Plug the extension cable into your phone and the iKross Transmitter into the cable.
Then pair your Bluetooth headphones with the Transmitter.
The extension cable will provide the necessary antenna wire for Next Radio and the iKross Transmitter will allow you to "break the link" and use your favorite Bluetooth headphones.

You can get a transmitter on Amazon for about $20
https://www.amazon.com/Bluetooth-Tr...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUwpUvbUpU3564412

mrgeology79

Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
If you have a standard AM/FM radio with a headphone jack, you can buy a bluetooth transmitter for as little as $15 on Amazon. Plug the transmitter into the radio and pair it with your headphones, then you can listen to radio on your bluetooth headphones. I'm doing it right now. Only downside is that the bluetooth transmitter runs on a rechargeable battery that you'll have to recharge every few days (depending on use). I've been looking for a radio with an internal bluetooth transmitter, but no luck so far.

Nuss Zeren

Jul 11, 2017
Visit site
I've tried to play fm radio through a bleutooth headset Plantronics series M90 (you can connect 2 phones on the same time). didnt work with samsung, blackberry, nokia or any other smartphone. when you plug in 3.5 mm jack. bleutooth goes off. Except with one phone MTT protection (Mobile Tout Terrain). Both phones are still connected through BT headset + 3.5mm jack is in and i can listen fm radio through my BT headset. 3.5 mm jack must stay plugged in off course. good luck PPL
protection-face-noir.png 9200000039994091.jpg

Melissa Jones4

May 8, 2018
Visit site
Yes there is a way to list to the radio through Bluetooth all you have to do is put regular headphones in and then sut up you Bluetooth Bluetooth headphones and it will come right through I have did it and it works I'm listening to it right now that way you just need to headphones and for the ants hands but it will come through the Bluetooth just try it respond back if it doesn't work

Melissa Jones4

May 8, 2018
Visit site
Yes there's a way you can listen to the radio on your phone do Bluetooth all you have to do any pair of regular headphones stick it inside then put your Bluetooth on put the Bluetooth headphones on the radio and it will play through your Bluetooth headphones you just need the regular headphones for an antenna to make the sound come through I'm listening to it that way right now so I know it definitely works so let me know if it works for yall

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb