Odd battery charging issue

benryder

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Hello,

Anyone come across this before? My battery died tonight on the way home from work, so as soon as I was home I put it on charge. The phone was off when charging, and when checking before bed the phone in its off state showed as fully charged on the screen along with the green led.
However when turning the phone on my battery within WP showed as empty/1% and started charging again.

Any thoughts? I do suffer from my battery dropping from 30% charge to 0% in a matter of minutes, Could they be related?

Thanks,

Ben.

juanitoriv

Windows 10 Champion
Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
Some say no to this, but the monitoring circuitry on li-po, li-ion cells can occasionally need recalibration. Let the phone die completely, power it back on until it won't, then charge fully overnight. In fact, I'm about to need to do this myself.

airbornerc

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Agreed: That helps a lot. In fact, before charging, try to restart phone after waiting For 5 mins and let it die again if you can. Then recharge For 30 mins more after it shows Full percentage. Even LiPo's need cycling from time to time. That wont hurt your battery as lipo's are the smartest ones to protect themselves, but this allows its circuit to recalibrate itself..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos