Spell check not working on keyboard

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
My daughter has sent me a couple texts about there being no spell check on her new Lumia 1020. As I am still on WP7 and my Daughter lives a little ways away from me, I decided to throw it out there if there is something in the settings in WP8 or on the L1020 I do not know about which kills the spell check. She has not red line under mispelled words and no suggestions as she types.

Thoughts? Suggestions? Anything to make me look smarter then I actually am? :cool:

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
It sounds like word suggestions were turned off, so it would be the opposite of what's mentioned here:
[h=2]Switch word suggestions off[/h]
  1. On the start screen, swipe left, and tap
    start-icon-settings.png
    Settings > keyboard. Tap your language keyboard, and clear the Suggest text check box.

Nokia Lumia 1020 - User Guide - Nokia Lumia 1020 - Use keyboard word suggestions - Nokia - USA

MJThib

Mar 1, 2007
Visit site
Not aware of any setting to disable the suggestions on the keyboard. There is no red line on a misspelled word, but my 1020 does a pretty good job at correcting my mistypes as I go. Does she never get an suggestions as she types?

MJThib

Mar 1, 2007
Visit site
Thanks for the location of those settings. Didn't expect them to be buried under the keyboard language, but make sense now.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Not aware of any setting to disable the suggestions on the keyboard. There is no red line on a misspelled word, but my 1020 does a pretty good job at correcting my mistypes as I go. Does she never get an suggestions as she types?

Nope. That is why I am thinking something like what Laura suggested is the problem. She is getting nothing.

Never heard of such madness. I come from a long line of people who butcher spelling. We need this to work......

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Just heard back from the girl. Still nothing. No suggestions, no red underline on savaged words.

Any other thoughts?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss