Is Lumia 720 supports Lumia black updates?

nokia6300

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site
Now I hope you understand why Nokia pulled out DTTW from Lumia 720 in the last moment because the Lumia 720 already had reduced battery back-up(thanks to glance for ex) and if they did enable DTTW in the Lumia 720, Nokia would end up with even more people whining for lower battery life.

is the sky blue on a sunny day? thanks for pointing out the obvious. yes i know DTTW iS not the same as glance. yes i know glance consumes a bit more power but not as much as you think. i quoted you again because i think you have forgotten what you have written.

nokia6300

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site
First Glance and DTTW are two different things. Secondly, with glance on "peek" mode, the glance screen is shown for 15 seconds after which it turns off the screen and the proximity sensor keeps doing its job.

As for DTTW, there's no official news about it yet, but I've posted some videos I found on YouTube with 625 and 720 supporting DTTW. Now once we officially get Black and if Nokia enables DTTW on the 720, I'd suggest you to notice in Touch settings where we can enable DTTW. There is a small line saying "This reduces battery life". I know so because I have it enabled on my Lumia 920.

Now I'm sure Nokia wouldn't just simply say that or for ex in many battery saving tips they always tip: "Turn of DTTW", if there isn't any truth to that. Fact of the matter is there is a drop in battery life; but not a HUGE as you'd imagine when I had posted that earlier, which probably was one of the reasons why it was held back.

i know what DTTW is i've had it on my N9 long before you have your 920.
and i don't know why you are just regurgitating what i just said. and you are contradicting yourself. i'm gonna stop quoting you. go back and read your posts please.

Gaurav Paul

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
i know what DTTW is i've had it on my N9 long before you have your 920.
and i don't know why you are just regurgitating what i just said. and you are contradicting yourself. i'm gonna stop quoting you. go back and read your posts please.

My friend I'd like to clarify what you clearly misunderstood. When Amber was released, the battery backup of the Lumia 720 was considerably reduced with the new features. I gave glance as an example. and FYI in its conception, glance had only two options if I remember correctly Interval and Always on. Later it was optimised and hence we now have Peek. As one would notice almost all nokia settings app have receive atleast one update since Amber. So one can guess that Nokia has been fiddling with bug fixes and optimisations. I guess now they've reached to a point where they can enable DTTW with minimal reduction to battery life. If Nokia would have rolled out DTTW with Amber, I'm sure we would have had more complains about reduced battery life; considering that a good battery life was a selling point, Nokia took a safe bet of not rolling out that feature. Anyways what are we cribbing about? Sooner or later if you get an update what's wrong with that?

nokia6300

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site
My friend I'd like to clarify what you clearly misunderstood. When Amber was released, the battery backup of the Lumia 720 was considerably reduced with the new features. I gave glance as an example. and FYI in its conception, glance had only two options if I remember correctly Interval and Always on. Later it was optimised and hence we now have Peek. As one would notice almost all nokia settings app have receive atleast one update since Amber. So one can guess that Nokia has been fiddling with bug fixes and optimisations. I guess now they've reached to a point where they can enable DTTW with minimal reduction to battery life. If Nokia would have rolled out DTTW with Amber, I'm sure we would have had more complains about reduced battery life; considering that a good battery life was a selling point, Nokia took a safe bet of not rolling out that feature. Anyways what are we cribbing about? Sooner or later if you get an update what's wrong with that?

ok fair enough no more cribbing :smile: i can't wait for the update especially DTTW.

gowhar

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
I have problem with my lumia 720 from a month. lumia shows me 1 image double times.
Is there any solution for this kindly tell me.

gowhar

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
Please give a solution to my problem.
My phone is showing double Audios & Images.
I managed the audio but Images are still creating problem

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes