Nokia Lumia 925 32gb locked to Vodafone

Truck1965

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
Hi
It's my first post ---yikes !

Anyway , I recently bought a Nokia Lumia 925 32gb locked to Vodafone from eBay.
I have read a lot of posts on here regarding unlocking and to be honest I haven't really got a clear idea of which way to go about it.
I obviously am not the original owner of the phone so Vodafone say I can't do get the unlock code ---has anyone else managed to get one off Vodafone in any way who is not the original owner , if so how ?

Not sure if un-branding and flashing the phone using a generic product code ( as listed on this forum) will remove the sim lock.
If there is a product code for an un-branded 32gb , sim free phone does anyone know what it is and if so could you let me know.

Am I barking up the wrong tree by thinking flashing the phone will remove the sim lock to Vodafone ?

I phoned a local phone repair shop who have an unlocking service but say they can't do Lumia's yet as there are no codes.
The guy said they expect codes to be available in a few weeks.
Not sure what he meant---- has the 925 got to be cracked / not yet been cracked ?

I love the phone , just don't want to be tied to Vodafone.

Any answer to my queries , or guidance of the best way to go about getting the phone unlocked would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to WPCentral! I don't have the answer as I haven't done any unlocking, but someone will surely be along with the answer for you. I just wanted to say Welcome!

sonus

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
Carrier/sim Unlocking a phone is 100% different than ROM flashing or jail-breaking or debranding. A sim lock can ONLY be removed with a carrier issued unlock code. Typically only Nokia and the carrier hold these codes. Your shop and pretty much all other unlocking shops purchase these codes once they are available. Vodaphone UK made an exclusive contract with Nokia that promised both exclusivity in the UK and carrier locking, as such the unlock codes for your phone will be available whenever that backdoor contract expires.

I too researched purchasing a Vodaphone UK L925 off of eBay, and some (admittedly unreliable) sources said the unlock codes would be available in December/January. Your options are to:
1. Wait for the unlock codes to become available in hopefully what is a few weeks
2. Sell the Vodaphone UK L925 and purchase a Vodaphone DE L925 on eBay. The DE/German version is unlocked from the store and also comes in 32GBs. (I purchased a DE version, aand I am using it on AT&T) - Recomended

Truck1965

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
Sonus
Thanks for your reply----things make a lot more sense now.

I'll probably wait for the unlock codes to be released.

Has anyone got a heads up on an a possible release date of the codes ?

Will6371

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Sonus
Thanks for your reply----things make a lot more sense now.

I'll probably wait for the unlock codes to be released.

Has anyone got a heads up on an a possible release date of the codes ?

Not sure about the date but not all Vodafone 32gb 925s' are locked, I got a business contract one and it's both unlocked and unbranded.

Not sure if that means that the unlock codes will be out sooner or not though.

What about phones locked to O2 uk, are they easy to unlock?

haider378

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Nokia Lumia 925 32gb Vodafone (urgent)

Hi,

I am here from Pakistan where Lumia 925 32gb unlocked vodafone model available at some shops. 16gm memory is not enough for me so I am looking at this 32gm model.
I just want to know that this model will easily update in future with Pakistani Carriers than Vodafone or these will only update with vodafone sim

Regards

Haider Ali

sonus

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
Re: Nokia Lumia 925 32gb Vodafone (urgent)

Hi,

I am here from Pakistan where Lumia 925 32gb unlocked vodafone model available at some shops. 16gm memory is not enough for me so I am looking at this 32gm model.
I just want to know that this model will easily update in future with Pakistani Carriers than Vodafone or these will only update with vodafone sim

Regards

Haider Ali

They will update no matter what carrier's sim you have as long as
1. Vodaphone approves MS updates to its phones
2. You have a data connection

haider378

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Re: Nokia Lumia 925 32gb Vodafone (urgent)

just update over wifi i.e black updates are coming is these updates available to vodafone in pakistan

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans