Anyone with AT&T kind enough to unlock my Lumia 1520?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flavio76

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
But still I could not unlock

Have a nice and beautiful black phone going on sale next month....
Big disappointment for me,always trying to buy -the new one -,
Funny thing , I myself unlocked this 1020 from ATT that I'm texting right now....only one phone call....

ahmad12

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
But still I could not unlock

Have a nice and beautiful black phone going on sale next month....
Big disappointment for me,always trying to buy -the new one -,
Funny thing , I myself unlocked this 1020 from ATT that I'm texting right now....only one phone call....

Read my post # 5 and steps to unlock and if you did follow them or did not let us know what happened with you

Mr Lebowski

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
The Federal Communications Commission (FCC) and the major US phone carriers, AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile, U.S. Cellular and Verizon Wireless, members of the CITA Wireless Association, announced six new principles to make it easier for users to unlock their cell phones) and other 3G/4G equipped devices.
Here are the new unlocking principles (PDF Link http://www.ctia.org/docs/default-source/fcc-filings/ctia-letter-on-unlocking.pdf). They will start taking effect in the next three months and will be fully in place within 12 months.
Dated December 13, 2013

1) Disclosure: Each carrier must post on its Website a clear policy on how and when pre- and post-paid wireless devices can be unlocked.

2) Postpaid Unlocking Policy: Carriers must either unlock devices or provide users with the information they need to unlock them after their contract has been fulfilled.

3) Prepaid Unlocking Policy: If you ask a carrier, they will unlock prepaid devices no later than a year after their initial activation, provided that you've met the payment, time, and usage requirements.

4) Customer Notice: Carriers that lock devices must notify users when their devices are eligible to be unlocked without an additional fee.

5) Response Time: Carriers must unlock eligible devices, or initiate an OEM request to unlock it, within two business days of a customer's request.

6) Deployed Military Personnel Unlocking: If you're deployed in the military, carriers must unlock the devices as your request if you're a customer in good standing.

ike2000

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site

The agreement seems too vague and appears to be non-binding.- gives the carriers more leverage and discretion - 3 - 12 months to study and implement ... that's too Washington.

I wish we can go back to the old rules.

In my case, I bought my phone from Microsoft. No carrier involved. So how does AT&T come into fray? If paid in full, Nokia & Microsoft should UNLOCK them or state clearly "they cannot be unlocked" and that we have to deal with AT&T. I would have made a choice armed with that warning. But it was sold as a: "No Contract" phone. That is deceptive.

Mr Lebowski

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
The agreement seems too vague and appears to be non-binding.- gives the carriers more leverage and discretion - 3 - 12 months to study and implement ... that's too Washington.

I wish we can go back to the old rules.

In my case, I bought my phone from Microsoft. No carrier involved. So how does AT&T come into fray? If paid in full, Nokia & Microsoft should UNLOCK them or state clearly "they cannot be unlocked" and that we have to deal with AT&T. I would have made a choice armed with that warning. But it was sold as a: "No Contract" phone. That is deceptive.

Maybe you have to read what a carrier branded "no contract" phone actually implies -before you can call it deceptive.
That doesn't mean it's easy to find out that information, but being a pita to decipher all the FAQs doesn't mean deception -necessarily. :smile:
Have you ever tried to read all the rules and FAQs associated with your credit card ? who does, but that makes the customer at a disadvantage when they slap you with a fee and then they show you where it was in the agreement all the time. And yes you need a lawyer to understand a lot of what an agreement means but -that doesn't automatically mean deception, it could be, but you have to prove it by finding out where they lied or deceived you.

ike2000

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Maybe you have to read what a carrier branded "no contract" phone actually implies -before you can call it deceptive.
That doesn't mean it's easy to find out that information, but being a pita to decipher all the FAQs doesn't mean deception -necessarily. :smile:
Have you ever tried to read all the rules and FAQs associated with your credit card ? who does, but that makes the customer at a disadvantage when they slap you with a fee and then they show you where it was in the agreement all the time. And yes you need a lawyer to understand a lot of what an agreement means but -that doesn't automatically mean deception, it could be, but you have to prove it by finding out where they lied or deceived you.

No warnings whatever, on the Microsoft store - "Nokia Lumia 1520 No Contract for AT&T" was the ONLY letters. No hidden or little implied characters in the whole listing - all in clear text.

Mr Lebowski

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
No warnings whatever, on the Microsoft store - "Nokia Lumia 1520 No Contract for AT&T" was the ONLY letters. No hidden or little implied characters in the whole listing - all in clear text.

Where's the deception (your words), where does it say you have a right to have it unlocked ?

ahmad12

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
Where's the deception (your words), where does it say you have a right to have it unlocked ?

I my self think they should make more clear on the No contract phones and unlock policy, I would see the lack of explanation as deception too.
at&t needs to start listening to the consumer we have the right to unlock our phones if we have fulfilled our contract obligation or purchased the device at full price.
If they do not want at&t devices activate on other carriers then they should make it clear and stop selling devices with no contracts unless otherwise activated with a GO phone or any at&t type of service and limit that to customers of at&t. That way no confusion at anyone's part.
The LAW needs revision it needs to be more clear and strict on the carrier if they deny unlock request for current former customers as for non customers they can at least charge a small fee.

ahmad12

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site

I my self think they should make more clear on the No contract phones and unlock policy, I would see the lack of explanation as deception too.
at&t needs to start listening to the consumer we have the right to unlock our phones if we have fulfilled our contract obligation or purchased the device at full price.
If they do not want at&t devices activate on other carriers then they should make it clear and stop selling devices with no contracts unless otherwise activated with a GO phone or any at&t type of service and limit that to customers of at&t. That way no confusion at anyone's part.
The LAW needs revision it needs to be more clear and strict on the carrier if they deny unlock request for current former customers as for non customers they can at least charge a small fee.

ahmad12

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
Everything you say implies a poor customer relationship department and poor communication.
Nothing like that approaches deception. Not providing information isn't deception per se, it's a poor business practice.

Did you read the link to the "agreement" between the FCC and USA carriers ?
FCC and carriers agree to make it easier to unlock phones | ZDNet

Call it poor communication if you like but a large corporation like at&t does not poorly communicate. Anyway lets call it poor communication. that needs to change

Flavio76

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
I did tha same things some months ago, bought a 1020 from Microsoft at full price, called att and unlocked on first call...they really changed the procedure's...

Ah, I change an locked black for any color LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)