Custom Alert tones

Vol4til3

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
Hello

I was wondering if it was possible to upload custom alert tones for WP8 devices, I want whatsapp to have a specific alert tone as the current one
or maybe the default one is too soft and most of the time I am unable to hear it. I recently found out it is possible to have custom ringtones for wp8 by creating a ringtones folder on the device memory but can't the same method not be applied to alert tones???

Mr Lebowski

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
Hello

I was wondering if it was possible to upload custom alert tones for WP8 devices, I want whatsapp to have a specific alert tone as the current one
or maybe the default one is too soft and most of the time I am unable to hear it. I recently found out it is possible to have custom ringtones for wp8 by creating a ringtones folder on the device memory but can't the same method not be applied to alert tones???

Nope.

Edit: if you have GDR3 you can choose from custom ringtones and use them for TEXT or IM messages.

Last edited:

TheRevMikeS

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site

I concur with Mr. Lebowski that you cannot add custom tones for SMS alerts. This appears to be the case even on the Black update. The Black update does show preloaded 13 optional tones for SMS alerts, unlike Amber and previous. My comment only applies to Nokia Lumia 920 on AT&T. Nokia and AT&T updates by degrees. Hey Nokia, I'd de-couple from AT&T. Too many picayune restrictions on even teeny weeny things like SMS alert tones.

JaiMento

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
I concur with Mr. Lebowski that you cannot add custom tones for SMS alerts. This appears to be the case even on the Black update. The Black update does show preloaded 13 optional tones for SMS alerts, unlike Amber and previous. My comment only applies to Nokia Lumia 920 on AT&T. Nokia and AT&T updates by degrees. Hey Nokia, I'd de-couple from AT&T. Too many picayune restrictions on even teeny weeny things like SMS alert tones.

I have a 1520 (GDR3+Black) on AT&T. I can set custom SMS tones, both globally and on a contact to contact basis. Not sure about Whatsapp, as I don't use it.

paitz49199

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
I have a 1020 and GDR3+Black on AT&T. I am able to set a custom SMS tone per contact or globally for all contacts... but is it possible to set None (meaning silent) as a text tone for a specific contact?

Also has anyone heard if text tones can be set based on the time of day? Meaning go silent from 11pm till 7am otherwise use the contact or global setting for the tone.

Ashish Saraf1

May 7, 2013
Visit site
I have a 1020 and GDR3+Black on AT&T. I am able to set a custom SMS tone per contact or globally for all contacts... but is it possible to set None (meaning silent) as a text tone for a specific contact?

Also has anyone heard if text tones can be set based on the time of day? Meaning go silent from 11pm till 7am otherwise use the contact or global setting for the tone.
Use an app called QUITE HOURS

sent either from my Nokia Lumia 820 or HTC Desire HD

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb