How does it feel holding it to your ear?

MrGoodSmith

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
As much as I want to get this phone and fall in love with it, I'm concerned about the moment I will see it and hold it for the first time (still waiting for it here in Canada).

I'm mainly concerned about how it feels when I hold the phone to my ear. I don't usually talk much on the phone, but I consider smartphones as phones in the first place, so how does this one feel when used as one?

How does it feel when holding a 6" screen beside your head? Awkward or ok? Is that how you usually use it in calls? Do you think it's more convenient to use a Bluetooth headset or the speakerphone instead?

EpidemikE1

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
As much as I want to get this phone and fall in love with it, I'm concerned about the moment I will see it and hold it for the first time (still waiting for it here in Canada).

I'm mainly concerned about how it feels when I hold the phone to my ear. I don't usually talk much on the phone, but I consider smartphones as phones in the first place, so how does this one feel when used as one?

How does it feel when holding a 6" screen beside your head? Awkward or ok? Is that how you usually use it in calls? Do you think it's more convenient to use a Bluetooth headset or the speakerphone instead?

I dont have mine yet but I went into the ATT store to feel it out. It does feel and look awkward putting it up to your ear but I would guess its just something you get used to.

Bluetooth is always an option but I only use my BT in the car. Using a BT in public (IMO) would be much more awkward than holding the 1520 to your head but again its a personal preference.

AccentAE86

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Nothing too awkward about it. You gotta remember for like 100 years phones were much bigger than the 1520. Even corded business class phone systems like Meridian still make phones that are much longer and almost as wide as a 1520. So I guess I just don't see why a 1520 is suddenly considered so awkward. Yeah, its larger than most mobile phones on the market, but its not like practical joke sized.

You know what was awkward to talk on? The Nokia N-Gage. THAT looked awkward. The 1520 is not.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
It feels like the ethereal tranquility of a winged angel of unimaginable beauty with her body closely wrapped around yours while she whispers into your ear.

mozman68

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
I haven't looked in a mirror yet while doing it, but it feels better than my iPhone 5 as you get pure glass from your ear across your face.

multo

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Never thought of that winged angel of unimaginable beauty but if I'm to use my words, it actually feels pretty normal. A few days of use in already on calls for some hours and I never felt being awkward when I had it to my ear. I guess majority of us got used to having really small phones but since I'm part of the group that was able to use those heavy clunkers of yesteryears, I didn't mind it one bit.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Old_Cus

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
Felt awkward the first couple days and after that it never bothered me. I use a Bluetooth about 75% of the time anyway.

ragingklu

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
It's not bad at all IMO. It even shields a whole side of your head from the wind. Good stuff.

For people who are worried about looking silly, yes it does look a little funny. If you care about that kind of stuff, I guess it is something to consider. I don't.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)