Two 1520 concerns...one major, one minor.

tonybessette

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
I've had this phone for three days now...and so far twice when I unlocked it...the lock screen was all weird. It was like high contrast or the colors were inverted? I tried to take a screen shot the second time, but it corrected itself before I could get the screen shot off.

Anyone else have or had this issue? Something to be concerned about?

Also, not so disturbing...Bing Weather "background image" on my lock screen looks pixelated. Not a very crystal clear weather image....could this be because it's not updated to fit our crazy huge screens?

5150 Joker

Dec 4, 2013
Visit site
The high contrast image is from auto brightness over adjusting for the amount of light the sensor is exposed to.

The weather image resolution could be better and probably isn't optimized for the 1520 resolution.

Sent from my RM-937_apac_hong_kong_222 using Tapatalk

Cryio

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
I've had this phone for three days now...and so far twice when I unlocked it...the lock screen was all weird. It was like high contrast or the colors were inverted? I tried to take a screen shot the second time, but it corrected itself before I could get the screen shot off.

YES ! Thank God there is another person with this issue. This colors inverted screen after unlock sometimes happens to my Lumia 820. It started happening after I got GDR3 from the developers preview. I'm almost always taken by surprise when it happens and so I always forget to take a picture.

jbowyer1

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
I've had this phone for three days now...and so far twice when I unlocked it...the lock screen was all weird. It was like high contrast or the colors were inverted?

Might it be Nokia's sunlight readability setting, which makes dark text bright when it detects very bright environments? Try turning it off in Settings -> display -> Sunlight readability and see if it makes a difference...

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
there was another thread on this so I'll just try to paraphrase my take.

the following is pure conjecture:
I believe the contrast weirdness comes from Glance. Every now and then I see the same high contrast weirdness upon turning my phone on, only to be corrected a second later.
I think it just comes from the high contrast mode of glance carrying over to the lock screen etc for a little bit.

bmastenbrook

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site
It's happened once or twice to me. Turning the display off and on again fixes it. I'm pretty sure it's Glance putting the LCD into a low bpp mode to save power, and forgetting to clear that mode sometimes on wake.

Jorlon

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site
Has happened to my 1520 a few times. Thought it might of been a defective screen. Has not happened in a while. Was wondering if I was the only one experiencing this.

husam2277

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
Happened to me also 3 times or more, I thinks it is a software/drivers problem... Maybe someone should make a thread for this issue on the nokia official site so maybe we will receive a response from them...

TechFranz

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
is this close?
http://discussions.nokia.com/t5/Nokia-Lumia/1520-screen-glitch/td-p/2288691
I am on my second 1520 now after my first one developed a hairline crack.
I just took it out of my Belkin folio from which I have to snap it out of and saw my home screen look like all the colors of the rainbow.
It was like a color negative.
The screen of the Lumia became completely covered with bright yellows, reds and greens. (Kinda like a bad day in Fresh Paint App.)
It quickly recovered and went back to normal though.
I blamed it on having put some pressure on the phone to remove it from the case.
Perhaps it was the brightness setting however, not recovering from having the folio shut.
Maybe it goes with accidentally hitting the volume keys, power button and camera key all simultaneously?

WP8Expert

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
The high contrast image is from auto brightness over adjusting for the amount of light the sensor is exposed to.

The weather image resolution could be better and probably isn't optimized for the 1520 resolution.

Sent from my RM-937_apac_hong_kong_222 using Tapatalk

Even the Samsung ATIV S receives fuzzy pictures for bing weather.

nagatofm

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
My phone suffer alot from these graphical glitches. It's really strange. And it started happening only when I've updated to GDR3 using Dev Preview.

Citizen X

May 11, 2013
Visit site

I've seen something similar on a relative's 1520 once. The colors were all messed up but not only that it seemed like with was really low bit color. The picture was made up of only a few colors. The image was posterized.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
your first issue happens to me :) I think it has something to do with glance since i have received my replacement Lumia 1520, i dont have glance set up on it and i haven't seen the glitchy weird colors and what not.

Kaveesh Manchanda

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
I have the same issue.. Have seen it happen twice. On the first occasion my red tiles turned blue. Second time, the screen went extremely dark with only the really bright elements visible. Both times the issue persisted for less than 3-4 seconds and the simple act of hitting the screen lock button made it disappear.
all I want to figure out is if I should get my device checked/changed.. Any ideas?

cariocap

Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
I have had this "black" screen problem once and I thought that my phone was cracked but pressing screen lock button a few times restored the original screen lock image (a picture in my SD card). Thanks God...

crgsibaja

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site

Anyone else have or had this issue? Something to be concerned about?

Also, not so disturbing...Bing Weather "background image" on my lock screen looks pixelated. Not a very crystal clear weather image....could this be because it's not updated to fit our crazy huge screens?

I have the same problem .. but just in two times.. then no more problems occurs ..:shocked:

crgsibaja

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
Walking today to my job... I saw my Phone and have the same problem. and when I got in the building the problem just go off. So this problem is related with the light. This smartphone try to "fix" all the colors with the environment. Try to recreate my scenario, and you are going to understand what I'm talking about.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos