Help: Lumia 1520 lens/camera shakes when held still!

Allan Cantillo M

Jun 9, 2013
Visit site
Now you can add me to the club of the 1520 shaking itself. For some months I did not take videos, because I'm not happy with the quality, but yesterday I was extremely disappointed when I watched the video recording, the camera shake itself!!! Exactly as you show in your video. I did all the resets in order to see if this problem disappears but the problem persists.
I also have dev preview 8.1, and that is my only hope, that something is related with that.
I tried the regular camera, the nokia camera and nokia camera beta, all of them are failing, so this have to do with the camera itself. The hard reset clears everything but it continues in version 8.1, so I'm not sure if a downgrade to 8 will fix it or not.

jbeelby

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
The same thing is happening with my 1520. I first got it replaced by AT&T for the same reason. when I got my new one, I loaded 8.1 preview and the camera started shaking a couple hours later.

Ditronics

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
Lumia Cyan just installed,

I had hope that this update fix the camera shake issue, but it does not. Now it works a bit better with low light pictures, but when I try to shoot in a sunlight enviroment the shake still there.

:cry:

Last edited:

Allan Cantillo M

Jun 9, 2013
Visit site
So sad to hear that, I was waiting cyan update with high hopes for a fix of the camera shake. Now I would like to hear something official from Nokia.... ups I mean Microsoft Mobile ost.

I'm sharing an example of my everyday video taking experience! BAD..... http://1drv.ms/1qiPP4N

Sent from my RM-937_apac_hong_kong_222 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Allan Cantillo M

Jun 9, 2013
Visit site
And now, that Cyan is available almost everywhere, could you install it? and the shake problem is back... or it is not?
Because I'm going to downgrade if that helps.

apecx92

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
i can install Lumia Cyan. but right now im a facing a problem where the camera goes up and down (problem with OIS/Auto focus?) only in image mode. where in video mode it didnt.

nitrocs

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I was suffering from this issue after my 1520 took a little tumble. It was as though the OIS was mis-calibrated or couldn't reach a set point & I got tons of jitter in camera/video.

Wound up replacing the camera with a component sourced on eBay... very easy job & I'm happy to report the camera is back at 100%

jammytech

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site
Wow, this seems like a VERY common problem? Has anyone actually had the device more than 6 months without any issues what so ever?

blue1k

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
I am having this issue ONLY with outdoor scenery with grass. Indoors it is rock solid. I thought for sure my OIS is screwed but my photos are very sharp and indoor videos have no wobble or jitter. But outdoors it is terrible. WTF?

blue1k

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
It's now doing this all the time. Time to firesale this POS. Too bad. I loved this phone. :( Crushed. Time to look for another one or a 930.

Last edited:

liam-ward

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
I caved and sent the phone back to Nokia for repair. The status says they have repaired it and it is on its way back. Will keep you updated people.

Allan Cantillo M

Jun 9, 2013
Visit site

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss