Help: Lumia 1520 lens/camera shakes when held still!

rexstor

Mar 11, 2014
Visit site
The lens float when in focus. But when not in focus, it does not float. I compared with my Lumia 1520 with friends 1520 also.
But it float when move fast then stop. U can see it move by itself.

Sent from my RM-937_im_mea3_1019 using Tapatalk

liam-ward

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
[video]https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=986EDE6FB98AC196!102290&authkey=!AJm7efsJ_pSGGHo&ithint=video%2c.mp4[/video]

Here is a link to the video of my screen doing the same. Any ideas anyone?

laurens van Rijssel

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
I have a Nokia Lumia 1520 myself, at first it was all normal. Everything just working fine. for about 1,5-2 months. Camera worked perfect.

Then I went to a roller coaster. I don't know if that is the reason for this shaking. but one day after that it has started to shake just like you say. exactly how you describe it. sometime it is better, sometimes worse. maybe dependent on temperature. I have not sent it to Nokia yet. because I don't want to miss it for 4 weeks. also as I reed all this, It seems It will come back the same of even worse.

But I hope Nokia is going to get this fixed soon

My english is not the best.

liam-ward

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
I asked Nokia and they said they are not sure what it could be but they hinted accidental damage and send it in. Sadly i'm on Dev Pre 8.1 and they won't accept it with this installed. Gonna have to wait to till it is officially released.

Will6371

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
I asked Nokia and they said they are not sure what it could be but they hinted accidental damage and send it in. Sadly i'm on Dev Pre 8.1 and they won't accept it with this installed. Gonna have to wait to till it is officially released.

Who told you that they wouldn't accept the repair with 8.1?

Last edited:

urs mani

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
Lumia 1520 here

was on 8.0, camera without shakyness. had to send it in for repair (qi charging not working intermittently)
where they apparently did firmware updates and of course a hard reset.
came back with working qi-charging but shaky camera. updated to 8.1 - no change.
sometimes camera steady like normal, sometimes shaking like crazy blurring all the pictures.

curious about your experiences. wonder whether that can be user-fixed or if I have to send it in again :eck:

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
A Nokia rep told me over the phone a couple of weeks ago that since mine had 8.1 on it, the warranty was voided. I needed to send my 1520 in for repair. She did let me know, however, that all I had to do to get the warranty back was to use Nokia Software Recovery Tool to flash WP8 back on...and no one would ever know. According to the rep, Laura, the fine print of the Preview agreement does, in fact, state that using it voids the warranty. I still haven't read it though. 😊

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
I tried my video and it was shaky for a few seconds and a slight delay. Moved the camera left and the pic was delayed a few seconds...i did notice a bit of a shakey start and i know what caused it...its trying to focus and not sure what to focus on. The min i filmed a pillow it focused. It doesn't shake if i hold it still... Well...teeny bit but not to the extent as what was said. Outside tho its fine

liam-ward

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site

liam-ward

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
A Nokia rep told me over the phone a couple of weeks ago that since mine had 8.1 on it, the warranty was voided. I needed to send my 1520 in for repair. She did let me know, however, that all I had to do to get the warranty back was to use Nokia Software Recovery Tool to flash WP8 back on...and no one would ever know. According to the rep, Laura, the fine print of the Preview agreement does, in fact, state that using it voids the warranty. I still haven't read it though. ��

They told me the same but i own a Mac and not a windows pc (don't ask) so I can't revert, just have to wait.

liam-ward

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
I do but they don't want to be held to blame if anything goes wrong with the downgrade. I'm happy to wait till official update day and see how Nokia do. Sadly my old 820 had faults too asked they didn't fix that :(

Westarmy

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Tip to all, as wp 8.1 is slowly being released their is a way for the windows phone 8.1 developer preview in the about page within settings to be removed.

First, uncheck your preview for developers so you're opting out.
Then hard reset the phone, hopefully on the about page it should just show windows phone 8.1 (its worked for me)

Will6371

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Tip to all, as wp 8.1 is slowly being released their is a way for the windows phone 8.1 developer preview in the about page within settings to be removed.

First, uncheck your preview for developers so you're opting out.
Then hard reset the phone, hopefully on the about page it should just show windows phone 8.1 (its worked for me)

I don't think it has ever said Preview for Developers in the about section of my phone but I did do a hard reset on my phones after installing 8.1

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire