Lumia 1520 Philippine user experience...

rex.reyesiii

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
Hi Guys,

I'm not sure if this is the right thread to ask this, but, how is Nokia Here Maps/Drive here in the Phils using your L1520(or any Lumia)?
Is it as good as Waze or atleast usable here and it is updated in urban areas?

TIA :)

alllies

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
yes, i have the CP-623 nokia flip case. first time to use something like this as mostly i just have one that covers the back. got used to it and it's nice. thin but nice.
for how much did you pay for it? is the back of flip case made of plastic? just curious as I have not seen one personaly

multo

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
for how much did you pay for it? is the back of flip case made of plastic? just curious as I have not seen one personaly

paid 40usd plus tax and had it sent to a relative in the states who went home last month. the back is of the same material our phones use so i guess it's plastic. none so far in the philippines for sale even in nokia stores but you can check out the 925 wireless charging shells and that's what it is made of. shape is even the same as it clips the four corners of the phone. front is of some rubbery material for the outside and a felt/velvet type cloth inside so the screen won't be scratched.

alllies

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
just upgraded..first impression, it became more snappy and..more sensitive. i have not checked whether tough sensitivity was change to extra as it was on normal prior update

vlmirano

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
Nokia store in SM North Edsa. Just ask a sales rep, they already know it. If you'll buy using credit card, only 2 Valid IDs are the requirements.

thanks for the info. I have a question though, last Feb 21, I checked Nokia Store in Glorietta and when I inquired about Lumia 1520 with globe plan 999 the sales lady told me that I can only avail that if I have an existing globe plan. now that I read all your posts here it made me think that maybe the sales lady got their promo wrong and there is no need at all for an existing globe plan. any clarification on this? thank you in advance :)

alllies

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
thanks for the info. I have a question though, last Feb 21, I checked Nokia Store in Glorietta and when I inquired about Lumia 1520 with globe plan 999 the sales lady told me that I can only avail that if I have an existing globe plan. now that I read all your posts here it made me think that maybe the sales lady got their promo wrong and there is no need at all for an existing globe plan. any clarification on this? thank you in advance :)
non-existing plan holder is qualified. I was about to purchase it with a plan but data capping made me not to,3.5GB data is not enough

vlmirano

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
non-existing plan holder is qualified. I was about to purchase it with a plan but data capping made me not to,3.5GB data is not enough

thanks :) i called them today they said i'm qualified. will get the one with plan 999. will just wait for white version because they ran out of stock but i've already reserve for it. hopefully i get it by this week :)

vlmirano

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
also where can i buy the case that was shown in the reviews, the one with the cover that can be made to a stand? i've checked phone accessory stores but so far i haven't seen any nokia Lumia 1520 cases or accessories.

multo

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
also where can i buy the case that was shown in the reviews, the one with the cover that can be made to a stand? i've checked phone accessory stores but so far i haven't seen any nokia Lumia 1520 cases or accessories.

if you mean the official CP-623 cover, it's not sold locally. i bought mine from the US. thru fb there are those selling Nillkin and Tudia cases but they don't have a cover. Not sure if there are already other alternatives.

vlmirano

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
if you mean the official CP-623 cover, it's not sold locally. i bought mine from the US. thru fb there are those selling Nillkin and Tudia cases but they don't have a cover. Not sure if there are already other alternatives.

thanks man :) so online mo sya binili? just got my unit last Friday :) I love it, sobrang smooth and walang hang or lag or reboot na nangyayare. even connectivity with wifi and data is ok. the best part is the camera, may not be the same as 1020 but it still takes good quality photos :) the only thing I couldn't figure out is why can't I send a photo using Bluetooth to my windows 8.1 laptop even if i'm already connected to it.

multo

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
^ Yep on the official cover. Bought it from Microsoft store directly

Sent from my Lumia 1520 using Tapatalk

alllies

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
damn..thinking about switching to SMART in a postpaid plan. I am testing LTE via prepaid sim.
My neighbor is fetching 4G signal from his LTE wifi device. On my phone it barely gets 4G. Yesterday I used my SMART prepaid sim have taken it for a spin then stayed in SM-Fairview. It is picking 4G signal but it won't keep that long so I think my phone is also suffering same issue as multo's first unit.
I am still thingking whether should I report this to Nokia, except for the SMART connectivity issue I have no other complains.

multo

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
^ it could be smart having issues as well bro. gf's 925 on smart lte plan like mine is having problems also. it'll do 4G then eventually drop to G. and sometimes 4G is slow. it's been like this the past week or so.

alllies

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
^ it could be smart having issues as well bro. gf's 925 on smart lte plan like mine is having problems also. it'll do 4G then eventually drop to G. and sometimes 4G is slow. it's been like this the past week or so.
wooo...are those iPhones not being affected or they were all with Globe for the free facebook?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo