Lumia 1520 Philippine user experience...

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Hi Guys,

I'm not sure if this is the right thread to ask this, but, how is Nokia Here Maps/Drive here in the Phils using your L1520(or any Lumia)?
Is it as good as Waze or atleast usable here and it is updated in urban areas?

TIA :)
They're different. Waze has real-time traffic info while Here Drive does not. POI support is better in Waze, as it has multiple sources.

paqpaqpaq

Mar 21, 2014
Visit site
Hi Guys!

frustrated future owner here. daming problema eh :p

1. i went to SM North a while ago and the 'normal price' is now around 39K, and 36K for cash.... Last January, this is 36K, and 30K for cash. what happened?!
2. i am a bit frustrated with kimstore's L1520 price of Php 22,920... some of their pics show '16GB' but everytime i text them, they say it is 32GB. is this a steal or might be really 16GB version?
3. has any Lumia users in here have bought their phones from kimstore? experience?
4. how to get prepaid nano sim? bili lang sa globe?
5. san may casing neto?

i am planning to use this only in 2G network sa globe. why? because i have a fast DSL connection at home and ayoko na gumastos for something i rarely use on the road. i just want a big 4ss-phone with a big-battery. i'll use this at home kung tamad magbukas ng laptop just to read articles in the internet. so i am expecting this to be at least 3-days before charging.

buti pa si GF ko, nabilhan ko na ng L520. nakuntento na sa performance. ako, nokia E6 pa rin :D indestructible. ilang beses ko na binalibag, ayaw masira

below are my price frustrations (Nokia - SM North price vs. Kimstore-steal price). so far, i think L1020 is a real steal. though i am waiting for the L930 this april. kaya lang habol ko talaga yung battery life (L1520 and L1320) and at least pureview cam (L920, not considering L925 kasi 16GB lang)

L920 = 17k vs 13.9k
L1020 = normal price of 36k vs 23.4k
L1320 = 18k vs 15.4k
L1520 = 33k vs 22.9k (na hindi malaman kung 16gb talaga or 32gb)

:)

alllies

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
@paqpaqpaq that's kind of weird pricing scheme for the Nokia Stores. I don't trust online sellers in PH as most the units are from black market.
You can only purchase L1520 cases from online stores as of this moment. I have purchased two from eBay, a leather case and a TPU case by Amzer.

multo

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Allies,

Could you take a close up pic of the amzer on the phone particularly the edge where the tpu meets or almost meets the screen? I ordered that and am waiting for delivery but I just want to see how it actually looks in that area.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

alllies

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
Allies,

Could you take a close up pic of the amzer on the phone particularly the edge where the tpu meets or almost meets the screen? I ordered that and am waiting for delivery but I just want to see how it actually looks in that area.

WP_20140322_018.jpg
WP_20140322_019.jpg
WP_20140322_020.jpg

Hope this helps? I don't have a spare camera except wife's L720.

I am testing SMART 4G/LTE connection today here at our office. Consistently connected on a 3-4 bar 4G which let me donwload a 200mb+ youtube movie in less than 20mins.

multo

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Thanks man. I like the cut better as it's a bit larger than Tudia. Seems like the case won't touch my screen. Can't wait for my order.

alllies

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
Thanks man. I like the cut better as it's a bit larger than Tudia. Seems like the case won't touch my screen. Can't wait for my order.

Noticed the red stripe in the left side? They say the international version is a bit thicker so I think that is the reason why it gives more gap and surely wouldn't touch the screen. Since you have a black unit it will be unnoticible.

multo

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Noticed the red stripe in the left side? They say the international version is a bit thicker so I think that is the reason why it gives more gap and surely wouldn't touch the screen. Since you have a black unit it will be unnoticible.

Yep saw that. I wouldn't really mind even if let's say mine is of a different color. I really just want it to not touch the screen. Hehehe.

alllies

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
Are you guys going to try the WP8.1 Dev Preview?
Those who are using PH-variants have you tried to contact Nokia-PH if preview will void our warranty?

hyperthermia

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
Go bili na! Dimo pagsisisihan. Yung international version ang pinaka flagship pag dating sa specs. Size lang ang issue sa umpisa pero ngaun advantage na niya pag nasanay ka. Excited nako sa wp 8.1 at bumili ng sd card

multo

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
are you sure it's the 32GB variant?.. kimstore only sells the 16GB variant that's why it has a way lower price tag..

Sent from my GT-N8000 using Tapatalk

Kimstore doesn't sell AT&T version 1520 so you can be sure it's the 32gb variant.

multo

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
i'm talking about the16GB variant (unlocked) of the device being sold at other markets such as India.. and the listing over at Kimstore also says that they have the 16GB variant.. that's why i'm asking if he's sure he has the 32GB one...

http://kim.com.ph/p/nokia-lumia-1520-w-1-year-service-warranty/

There's an unlocked 16gb available? If I remember it correctly only the RM-940 has the 16gb variant which is exclusive to at&t. Everything else including the non lte version is 32gb. Do you have a link to an article saying something about the 16gb unlocked variant? That's interesting

NadMaj23

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
There's an unlocked 16gb available? If I remember it correctly only the RM-940 has the 16gb variant which is exclusive to at&t. Everything else including the non lte version is 32gb. Do you have a link to an article saying something about the 16gb unlocked variant? That's interesting

not sure as well but i've seen articles in the past saying there'll be a 16gb RM-937 in some markets.. plus the Kimstore listing clearly says 16GB that's why i'm asking if he's sure coz i also plan on getting mine there.. will keep you updated once i get a response from Kimstore..

batkingnz

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
@paqpaqpaq that's kind of weird pricing scheme for the Nokia Stores. I don't trust online sellers in PH as most the units are from black market.
You can only purchase L1520 cases from online stores as of this moment. I have purchased two from eBay, a leather case and a TPU case by Amzer.

Hey man, I'm interested when you purchased from ebay if you had any problem with customs taxes. I've heard nightmare stories.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb