1520 Lockscreen problem

PlasticGlasses

Jan 7, 2014
Visit site
I can't change the wallpaper on my phone! I'll choose the wallpaper that I want to display, but it just shows a photo of two people standing on some rocks near the water instead. It's happening wether I choose it from settings or from the pictures app. Hoping this is a problem with a simple fix. Thanks.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to WPCentral! I'm sorry you're having a problem... Can you post step-by-step what you're doing?

It should work if you go to the photo album that you want, choose the picture, select set as lockscreen on the 3-dot menu, frame it the way you want, then tap the crop button.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Are you using a picture that is saved on the phone, or in an online album?

Never mind - I thought it would make a difference - it doesn't appear to.

fitchalcyone

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Hey, there. Sorry to bring this thread back, but I'm having the same issue. My theory is that the lock screen picture isn't working if you're trying to set a picture from the SD card. I was able to use the stock photos and some of my online (Facebook in photo hub) pictures, but screenshots and camera roll pictures didn't work. Is this supposed to happen or is something wrong with the SD setup?

Jarip

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
Hey, there. Sorry to bring this thread back, but I'm having the same issue. My theory is that the lock screen picture isn't working if you're trying to set a picture from the SD card. I was able to use the stock photos and some of my online (Facebook in photo hub) pictures, but screenshots and camera roll pictures didn't work. Is this supposed to happen or is something wrong with the SD setup?

No, I am using a photo from my SD card, so your theory is just theory :p

fitchalcyone

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
No, I am using a photo from my SD card, so your theory is just theory :p

Yes, I found that out as well last night after playing around a little more with the phone. It's the weirdest thing, one particular picture just does not play nice with the lockscreen and I have absolutely no idea why. I saved the picture from Bing search and zoomed in to do a screenshot (trying to get lockscreen and Glance to be exact same dimensions) and that didn't want to work, made a screenshot from the actual image search, didn't work either. Yet, when I just did a simple set of the picture and did the manual crop from "Use As Lock Screen," it worked fine. It boggles my mind. Picture DRM? :p

timmji

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

I have had this same problem. I tried removing the SD card, or saving the photo on the phone. I took me about 15 minutes of working out which way to do it, but i changed it once. Now i have gone to change it again, and it keeps switching the the default picture and now i cannot revert back to the first lock screen i have. I can change it to some of the preloaded background pictures, but can't make my own the lock screen.

I saw your comment and tried to manually crop it, it worked when i zoomed all the way in on the picture, but obviously this is not very practical. I also tried the screenshot of the picture, and this did not work either. I did so by going to the picture and clicking 'set as lock screen', cropping then clicking the tick. Also tried going through to the lock screen in settings, and could not change it to a normal size without having to zoom on both of those methods :unhappysweat:

Anyone else know? It can't just be the SD Card.

timmji

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
Just tried to make a whatsapp image i received the lock screen and it worked! I then sent another image that i wanted as my lock screen photo to a friend, and ask them to send it back. I then saved the picture. That picture saved to my whatsapp album and then i could set it as the lock screen straight away. How strange...That is a temporary work around, but hopefully theres some update or fix for it.

fitchalcyone

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Yes, it's strange, indeed. I'm still unsure of what conditions make the photo you choose revert to that one stock photo because the results from the "same" source have been inconsistent for me.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3