Finally!! Lumia 1520 RM-938 for sale!! BUT...

jssmarathon

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Which carrier are you going to use this with?
If it's AT&T, I'll be interested to know if you get LTE, and if you can use it for Internet sharing. Those of the problems people reported with the 937. Something about LTE being on band 4.

bizzy-glx

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Which carrier are you going to use this with?
If it's AT&T, I'll be interested to know if you get LTE, and if you can use it for Internet sharing. Those of the problems people reported with the 937. Something about LTE being on band 4.

Yes, I'll be throwing this up on AT&T.

For me, LTE would just be icing on the cake, I can live with 3G or 4G. I can't live without Qi though. I have two JBL Power Up speakers, one at home and one at work, and four Qi charging plates.

I've actually never even tried or used Internet Sharing.

Anyways, if Band 4 refers to 1900, then the RM-938 should work with LTE: BYOD – Bring Your Own Phone or Tablet to AT&T and Save

jssmarathon

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
What has been reported is "The 938/940 don't do LTE on 1700 and LTE on 2100; they do LTE on band 4, which uses one frequency range for uploading and the other for downloading"

Can you tell what the one your buying will do?

bizzy-glx

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
What has been reported is "The 938/940 don't do LTE on 1700 and LTE on 2100; they do LTE on band 4, which uses one frequency range for uploading and the other for downloading"

Can you tell what the one your buying will do?

From everything I can tell, the RM-938 should work on AT&T LTE.

From GSM Arena's site, here are all of the 1520s' bands (I highlighted the RM-938's):

GSM Arena.PNG

This is from AT&T's BYOD device page:

AT&T.PNG

And this is from the LTE Band Wiki Page

Wiki.PNG

The fourth column in the table refers to the frequency's' Band.

Last edited:

jssmarathon

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
It will sure be amazing, if this is the unicorn 938 that will work on AT&T LTE. Can't wait to hear your results. Let me know by p.m. or smoke signal, because I will be buying one, the next minute. I too have invested in 4 Qi Chargers, and I'm still living with my 920. At this point can only hope!

bizzy-glx

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
It will sure be amazing, if this is the unicorn 938 that will work on AT&T LTE. Can't wait to hear your results. Let me know by p.m. or smoke signal, because I will be buying one, the next minute. I too have invested in 4 Qi Chargers, and I'm still living with my 920. At this point can only hope!

Most def will keep you (and the this thread) updated with results/experiences. Yes, at this point, I can only also hope. Worse comes to worse, I return the device or live with 3G/4G.

I like your reference to it as a "Unicorn 1520". No doubt!

bizzy-glx

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Most def will keep you (and the this thread) updated with results/experiences. Yes, at this point, I can only also hope. Worse comes to worse, I return the device or live with 3G/4G.

I like your reference to it as a "Unicorn 1520". No doubt!

Major bummer, unfortunately the eBay seller (they're named "buybuybox" and I was communicating with Kitty) informed me that her supplier has RM-938's, but basically they're in such short supply and high demand that she was not able to obtain one for me.

So the lesson here is that RM-938's are out there, the do exist, but they're extremely rare, hence @jssmarathon's 'Unicorn' moniker.

Anyways, the eBay seller buybuybox was straight up, honest and refunded the money back to my PayPal account promptly.

items in BuyBuyBox United States Store store on eBay!

CollinFX45

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
Major bummer, unfortunately the eBay seller (they're named "buybuybox" and I was communicating with Kitty) informed me that her supplier has RM-938's, but basically they're in such short supply and high demand that she was not able to obtain one for me.

So the lesson here is that RM-938's are out there, the do exist, but they're extremely rare, hence @jssmarathon's 'Unicorn' moniker.

Anyways, the eBay seller buybuybox was straight up, honest and refunded the money back to my PayPal account promptly.

I purchased from BuyBuyBox before - they were okay, though slow on the shipping.

Anyway, Negri has this "unicorn" 1520 in stock as well, though it's $75 more but comes in 32gb. I just ordered one, as did a few other people and we are awaiting the phone.

Nokia Lumia 1520.3 (Unlocked) (Yellow)

I will report back as well. The reps confirmed on several occasions that this is the RM-938 model and I intend to use it on T-Mobile. If it comes in time, however, I have an Aio Wireless SIM card with a month of service on it, so I'll test out AT&T LTE for you guys as well. Happy to help/confirm.

​-Collin-

nuprotocol

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site

Just doesn't seem right. the Seller lists an auction for something he doesn't even have in his possession, also while knowing that its hard to find? seems like he was UNABLE to find it at all then.

seems like the lesson would be: Have the seller VERIFY x3 that they actually have the device and send you a picture of the device with their ebay ID in the picture with the said device.

bizzy-glx

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I purchased from BuyBuyBox before - they were okay, though slow on the shipping.

Anyway, Negri has this "unicorn" 1520 in stock as well, though it's $75 more but comes in 32gb. I just ordered one, as did a few other people and we are awaiting the phone.

Nokia Lumia 1520.3 (Unlocked) (Yellow)

I will report back as well. The reps confirmed on several occasions that this is the RM-938 model and I intend to use it on T-Mobile. If it comes in time, however, I have an Aio Wireless SIM card with a month of service on it, so I'll test out AT&T LTE for you guys as well. Happy to help/confirm.

​-Collin-

Thanks Collin. I tweeted them to see on when their 1520.3's would be shipped to customers...

CollinFX45

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
Thanks Collin. I tweeted them to see on when their 1520.3's would be shipped to customers...

Cool, please let us know what they say. I tried to upgrade my shipping this morning (impatience keeps getting the best of me) and they said it was too late and my order would be shipping within 24-48 hours. Bummer, but I guess that's good! I should have it in five business days which equates to what in FedEx terms? Eternity.

​-Collin-

bizzy-glx

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Cool, please let us know what they say. I tried to upgrade my shipping this morning (impatience keeps getting the best of me) and they said it was too late and my order would be shipping within 24-48 hours. Bummer, but I guess that's good! I should have it in five business days which equates to what in FedEx terms? Eternity.

​-Collin-

Hey Collin -

Negri tweeted back "We do have them and the order will ship within 24 hours of being processed." So, I went ahead and placed and order.

Its a good sign that they could not upgrade your order though, I would imagine that means they actually do have the devices available to ship!

CollinFX45

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
Hey Collin -

Negri tweeted back "We do have them and the order will ship within 24 hours of being processed." So, I went ahead and placed and order.

Its a good sign that they could not upgrade your order though, I would imagine that means they actually do have the devices available to ship!

​Awesome. I also just got the shipping notification. Mine will be here Friday!

kabel_mk

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Hey Collin -

Where do you see this tweet? I just called them and they have told me that it would be shipped in two weeks ...

Edit: I see it now, it is on the Negri Care account ... Why did they tell me that will be shipped in two weeks then? They must be confused? I do not know ... I definitely do not have patience to wait for two weeks ...

CollinFX45

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
Where does it say that this Negri's has Qi Charging built in?

I am going blind trying to find it.

THX!

I think a few people posted the chat logs with Negri representatives stating that it did, but that detail was absent on the specification page of their site. I've already identified one other piece of misinformation that they said they would correct. I guess this is not exactly reassuring. For me, I needed to be certain that the phone had the AWS band for T-mobile and Qi, while nice, wasn't a huge priority for me.

I'd suggest hitting up the guys on the NegriCare chat page and just asking them directly. At least then you'll have grounds for returning it sans restocking fee if it ends up not to be as described.

​Or, I can let you know Friday if mine has Qi charging or not :)

Cheers,

-Collin-

jssmarathon

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
I have emailed them and just cant get a full answer

Ted L. REPLIED: MAR 11, 2014 | 08:40AM PDT

Hello,

Thank you for your email. Unfortunately we are unable to send you a picture of the box. We have however confirmed that these devices do support ATT LTE and wireless charging. Feel free to contact us if you have any further questions or concerns. Have a great day.

Then I asked:

Ted,

Thank you for your response, however, this does not clearly state that it has built in “Qi” charging.

Can you confirm that it has ”Qi” charging built in, and NOT “PMA” charging.

They came back with:

Ted L. REPLIED: MAR 11, 2014 | 02:30PM PDT

Hello,

Thank you for your reply. In order to further assist you, we do please ask that you contact us by phone at 1888 358 6358. We look forward to hearing from you. Have a great day.

Please rate my reply.

Ted Lamisere - Your NegriCare Representative

Now they want me to call and I have alled 3 times ity goes to leave a message.

Just hope you can tell me when you have it in your hand:)

CollinFX45

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
I have emailed them and just cant get a full answer

Ted L. REPLIED: MAR 11, 2014 | 08:40AM PDT

Hello,

Thank you for your email. Unfortunately we are unable to send you a picture of the box. We have however confirmed that these devices do support ATT LTE and wireless charging. Feel free to contact us if you have any further questions or concerns. Have a great day.

Then I asked:

Ted,

Thank you for your response, however, this does not clearly state that it has built in “Qi” charging.

Can you confirm that it has ”Qi” charging built in, and NOT “PMA” charging.

They came back with:

Ted L. REPLIED: MAR 11, 2014 | 02:30PM PDT

Hello,

Thank you for your reply. In order to further assist you, we do please ask that you contact us by phone at 1888 358 6358. We look forward to hearing from you. Have a great day.

Please rate my reply.

Ted Lamisere - Your NegriCare Representative

Now they want me to call and I have alled 3 times ity goes to leave a message.

Just hope you can tell me when you have it in your hand:)

That's funny. Not your situation, but the fact that I had the same "Ted L." and he failed to answer my question via email as well.

Negri is very highly rated and I'll give them the benefit of the doubt, but wouldn't it be in their best interest to clear out the question queue quickly by, way, just answering the question? :)

​-Collin-

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
infohills