Possible to disable toast notifications?

just dirk

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
Can this be done? Getting fed up of getting a notification for whatsapp for example that sits over my browser search bar for too long, have to stop what I'm doing to open the app to clear the toast bar..

Cheers JD

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
You'd have to go into the relevant app to disable toast notifications, but some apps don't give you the option (SMS messages will always toast, for example).

However, it is possible to dismiss toasts by sweeping them off the screen to the right (sweeping left might work too).

just dirk

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
Quality cheers mate, swipe is fine..

You'd have to go into the relevant app to disable toast notifications, but some apps don't give you the option (SMS messages will always toast, for example).

However, it is possible to dismiss toasts by sweeping them off the screen to the right (sweeping left might work too).

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
No problem. Only took me a couple of years before I learnt you could do that... It's also great for quickly dismissing a text message toast when it appears over the lock screen.

headphoneus

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Whatsapp really needs to provide settings for toast notifications. How lame of them to not do so.

Do any of you guys have groups in Whatsapp? I can't tell you how frustrating it is to remove 100 toasts every time.

I have stopped using Whatsapp on my 1020 for that reason. I had to mute all the groups.

just dirk

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
Agree with that!!
Whatsapp really needs to provide settings for toast notifications. How lame of them to not do so.

Do any of you guys have groups in Whatsapp? I can't tell you how frustrating it is to remove 100 toasts every time.

I have stopped using Whatsapp on my 1020 for that reason. I had to mute all the groups.

chmun77

May 27, 2011
Visit site

I don't think this is the problem of Whatsapp, but rather the issue of how toast notifications are designed to notify users. They will just be queued in the background and then get displayed onto the screen slowly in sequence. On Android, updates will just be kept in the notification shade as they arrived, without disturbing the user especially in full screen mode. Microsoft really need to get the new notification center out ASAP.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss