Nokia Lumia Icon on Verizon test website

Premium1

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
YESYESYESYESYESYESYES..............CMON, AND RELEASE IT ALREADY.........not sure i agree with the 777$ price though, hopefully thats just a placeholder

That is similar prices to other devices when on the test site. Most likely it will be $499-$549

Premium1

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
I tried writing a review, and after it sent me to the login screen, irritated that I had to sign in, redirected me to the devices page. Where I then searched and it was gone

How can you write a review for a device not even out yet? I always hated people who write reviews (more often than not negative) without ever even using the device.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Good day everyone,

This is my first post. I've lurked thru here for some time with the interests of switching from Android to windows. It appears this new phone is the one to have since I'm on Verizon once it does come out. I have two questions, the first is do windows phones come with all the carrier bloatware as the Android phones do? Next how difficult is the transition from Android to windows? I currently have the razr maxx HD and I love the phone and the battery life is best I've ever had on any android device.
James

Like someone else already said, WP's don't have bloatware. Anything put on by someone other than Nokia or Microsoft can be removed with two taps.

I'd go to the Microsoft store, or Verizon Store if there isn't a Microsoft store near you, and play with some WP8's. Play with the Icon too when it comes out. That'll give you the best idea of whether or not you will have a good transition. I love WP and had a really easy transition, but I came from BlackBerry.

eao1991

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
For any of those that missed it...
pe7amy9e.jpg
ymu4etev.jpg
a2yne6y3.jpg
ydesa5av.jpg

Sent from my Moto X DE

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Here is a 360 view of the Icon grabbed from the test site before it was taken down. Seems pretty thick: Nokia Lumia Icon reviews, samples, manual & prices

Nokia Lumia ICON dimensions:

Size (hand measured)
•Height: 136.5 mm
•Width: 71.4 mm
•Thickness: 10.5 mm
•Weight: 166 g

the 928 is 10.1 mm in thickness. Compared to the 928, the ICON is .4 mm thicker, and 4 g heavier... .4 mm is practically nothing.

For all the juicy specs in there including a 20mp shooter at that height and width, its really not that bad.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I really don't think that's a silver metal edge... I think it's just matte white and appears to be metal because of the render.

It says on the specs it's metal, people who have dealt with the device say it's metal, and other pictures you can clearly see that it's metal - including the two stripes you see on the 925. It's metal edge.

jlzimmerman

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Nokia Lumia ICON dimensions:

Size (hand measured)
?Height: 136.5 mm
?Width: 71.4 mm
?Thickness: 10.5 mm
?Weight: 166 g

the 928 is 10.1 mm in thickness. Compared to the 928, the ICON is .4 mm thicker, and 4 g heavier... .4 mm is practically nothing.

For all the juicy specs in there including a 20mp shooter at that height and width, its really not that bad.
I just went from an 8X to the 928. The 928 is a tank compared to the 8X, in thickness and weight. To think the 929 is even more so.......

I really like the metal trim but then realize I'm just going to put the phone in a case anyway so it doesn't make a difference.

mitchartz

Jan 9, 2014
Visit site
I just went from an 8X to the 928. The 928 is a tank compared to the 8X, in thickness and weight. To think the 929 is even more so.......

I really like the metal trim but then realize I'm just going to put the phone in a case anyway so it doesn't make a difference.

If the 928 is 10.1 mm, it's thinner than the 8x which is 10.12 mm. I think the 8x just seems thinner because its tapered.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site

It's .4mm. If you can find a way to measure it, you'll get a better perspective of just how miniscule that really is. I think it's actually really impressive what they have managed to fit in a device of this size.

JudgeHolden

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
So, looks like no announcement today, which I think we expected given how incomplete the test page was. Meaning at least 2 weeks until launch.

But I'm expecting it in 2 weeks, given how far along the test page was, haha.

pci2k

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
Being that Vegas is 3 hours behind from the Eastern time zone, I'll give it till 5PM PST/8PM EST today for a CES announcement.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb