when restoring not all text messages are restored to phone

alexthapyro

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
Recently warrantied my old 920.

made a backup and when I go to restore everything my texts are coming in but then they just stop at an old date. The date changes even when picking the same backup.

Going to outlook.com and using the as=1 trick all my text messages have been backed up but will not load to my phone.

What else should i try to get all my texts back on my new phone. I really want the newer texts but its loads from older to newer.

alexthapyro

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
gave it a while last night but might not have given enough. I still have a years worth of texts so 10,000 ish might have just paused or something. made it further this time after resetting again.

Does the backup on the old phone matter? I wanted to make sure it was good so I deleted it then did a manual backup. Could that have screwed with it?

alexthapyro

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
It is also not cycling through showing all of the newly downloaded texts. Its like it finished downloading them

made it a couple months further this time

Last edited:

Maaz Mansori

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
It's happened to me a few times. I see them come through it 3 or 4 phases and sometimes takes a few hours. I could see it taking longer if you have a lot of messages. If the backup is at least bringing some messages in and you are sure that all the messages are backed up, I would just give it more time. Leave it be for the rest of the day (don't reset it) and check it later tonight to see if more messages have been added.

alexthapyro

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
its actually under the windows account in email and settings, press and hold the link for it and you can select sync and that's how they are synced with the phone. it takes several times but if you dont have the sync on or its messed with it will not work correctly. Nokia help was very helpful.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786