Has anyone disassembled their 1520?

rbiasca

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
Have to replace my digitizer and was wondering if anyone has done that yet. I already have the new part but have only seen one video teardown of the 1520. Any help would be awesome.

maclancer

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
Why you will do that when Nokia have a year of standard warranty on the phone? Just call Nokia to replace your phone.

rajamass

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I suggest you to take it to nokia care and ask them to replace or any other 3rd party service center

Even a small mistake can cost u more

rbiasca

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I've watched that one a few times, I hate how his text is white, it is hard to see sometimes. Better than nothing though.

isi mcf

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
I've taken mine apart but I'm waiting on new glass when funds are available, are you replacing the glass or the whole lcd/digitizer assembly?

isi mcf

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
So I've attempted to separate the glass from the frame without damaging the LCD and failed. I got the glass away from the frame but split the LCD in layers. The LCD is literally non replaceable.

rbiasca

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
Just the glass. Did you use any heat when you were trying to separate them, and how was the disassembly of the rest of the phone prior to breaking the screen?

Mark Reed2

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
I have done this daily, I break it down and clean it, oil the moving parts, then rebuild....."this is my Nokia, this is my gun, this ones for texting, this ones for fun"

rbiasca

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
So i had the same seperation problem that you had, so i ruined the lcd. There are people selling the whole lcd and digitizer already in the screen frame for around $245, this would have been nice to have available before. The phone was really easy to take apart except for the screen, so if i get the whole screen assembly then it should be a piece of cake. Just waiting for some extra money, until then im stuck using an old feature phone. :crying:

rbiasca

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
Im sure its possible but i broke mine when i tried and the repair company wont even attempt to replace the digitizer, they will replace the whole unit.

vw1610

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
Its impossible to replace the digitizer alone. It is bonded to the LCD. Send your phone to palcocellphonerepair.com
They charge 195$ to replace the lcd/digitizer.

cdgoin

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
What he said.. Just found out the hard way that although they sell the screen on ebay (Without the LCD), its pointless.. the LCD and screen are bonded in the factory with the face. The screens must be lifted from the warehouse or something.

There is a reason in the video above they don't show removing the LCD or Screen.

I have replaced screen on a 810, 510, Dell VEnue Pro, 8X, etc.. Tonight was the first and last time I tried to do a 1520. The only way to do it is the +$200 replacement body from ebay. If there is a service replacing it for $195.. go that route.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb