925 Amber and HIGH temperature

dimikats88

Jan 9, 2014
Visit site
Hi! I am new at the forum and WP device so i have 2 questions... 1) I just got my Nokia Lumia 925 and only after 2 days i had that overheating problem... when i play games or even do some simpler stuff my phone gets very hot on the top back side. One time i swear it was hot enough that i couldnt touch the screen. Is this normal? Does anyone know what is inside tha back top side of the device? It would be very appreciated if someone helps so if there is a problem i go and get a new one. 2) and not so serious i guess... i have amber in my device. Should i have another update?Or 925s have amber when u buy them? Thanks in advance and sorry if i used my english bad!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
There are lots of threads with this issue mentioned. I would suggest doing a search along with what I suggest. It would seem not everything works for everyone.

First - any excessive game use or any lengthy use on the phone will cause it to heat up. Anything with a CPU/GPU will heat up, that's normal.

Solutions to try:

1 - Switch your phone to airplane mode and turn the phone on/off then switch back to normal
2 - If you don't have 4G make sure your setting is set to 3G in the Network settings
3 - Try a soft reset - Hold volume down and the power button together until the phone turns off and vibrates
4 - You should turn off any settings you don't need as this will add to the heat (location, tap to send, bluetooth, wifi)

Any new phone Lumia you buy will have Amber on it already. It would have to be old stock not to have Amber but I believe the 925 was released with Amber anyway.

dimikats88

Jan 9, 2014
Visit site
tnks for the reply. i know what a normal heat up is but sometimes it gets so hot that i cant have my finger for a while on it. the solutions you suggested are right but i always have the phone like that. anyway tnks a lot i ll go today at the shop that i bought it and try to get a new one. it also creaks at the top back, i forgot to mention :cool:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234